Community
Search
Notices
MRC Charger Product Support (i.e. Super Brain, etc) Tim Sandor of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your MRC questions here!

battery pack

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:42 AM
stuartweible
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery pack

I got this idea as a way to save money but maybe i shouldn't be so cheap? I have a heli-max tx for my axe 400 heli and 8
AA batteries are recommended (12 volts). what if a guy were to make a 12 volt pack with 10 rechargeable 1.2 volt cells?
And use a former CB radio power supply (110 AC to 12 DC) to charge the pack. Would it work? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Stuart
Old 02-23-2010, 10:53 AM
mike_o

Default RE: battery pack

Be careful with underestimating the voltage of NiCd and NIMh cells: Just after charging it's very high- for instance, you will easily blow the bulb of a 2-cell MagLite if you put freshly charged NiCads in it ( Idid it twice ). 10 cells will go as high as 14-15 volts when fresh.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:36 AM
volknavot

Default RE: battery pack

I think Mike is right. You should understand the voltage of NiCd and Nimh cells. It may be risky to use cells without testing....