Multi-rotor Beginner This is a help section for multirotor beginners.

So I'm about to get a whole lot better at this.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:43 AM
Psychron

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default So I'm about to get a whole lot better at this.

Now, of course, since my fpv skillset is terrible in comparison to my line of sight skills, And due to my crash/loss risk aversion, I've obtained a copy of freerider and liftoff due to their low costs, both for initial outlay and ongoing lack of real crash damage, and I've purchased one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	41RBTZnpInL._SX425_.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	2233773
They're about $15.00 and with $5.00 shipping they come in at half the price of a genuine spektrum receiver.
I have a Spektrum radio capable of DSMX and DSM2 so this Orange RX USB adapter will allow me to bind my DX6 to my computer using a usb port and the standard Spektrum radio frequencies and will give me a place to really open up a quad of this size and practice without the restrictions of the xbox one controller which I've been using up until now with limited success... I think part of the reason is that the throttle(left stick) is spring loaded and wants to return so it makes precision control a challenge.

It gets here today, and I can't wait for it to show up. They make a similar dongle for other transmitters but for today, I'm a spektrum man so this is going to keep my skills fresh over the winter... this, in combination with Phoenix (mixed reviews on whether it works or not but if not I have the actual training cable for it) should keep my skills honed all winter, though I still plan on flying on nicer days, and look forward to the first weekend snowfall to take my boat planes to the field for a fun ski plane experience.

Woot!

Be sure to check out my new videos using the link in my signature. I am updating all the time.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:20 AM
Psychron

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I bought this FrSky Orange RX USB Receiver for Spektrum transmitters and decided to try it out. It is compatible with freerider and liftoff, and probably a couple other simulators I haven't checked out yet. It came with no instructions at all so it was rather difficult to get it running. I decided to record it all in order to share the process for those who are still struggling with a controller that doesn't mirror their real life experience.

Pleased to present:

Search this Thread