Community
Search
Notices
Multi-rotor Beginner This is a help section for multirotor beginners.

ESC was working, now it's not

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 05:42 AM
Swestlake45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC was working, now it's not

Hello, I am having trouble with a Skywalker 40A brushless ESC. I have been testing it using an Arduino Mega hooked up to a PC, and a TekPower TP300ST DC Regulated Power Supply. I have it attached to a T-Motor F40 Pro II 2400 KV brushless motor. I have been using between 10 and 15 volts, and between 3 to 5.2 amps. The motor was working for about 15 minutes of noncontinuous testing, but does not spin anymore. Rather, when throttle is applied, the motor makes rapid beeping sounds for about 3 seconds and then stops until I reset the throttle and try to apply it again. I have reset all of the settings to "default" in case I had messed up some of the programming, but that didn't seem to help; neither did resetting the throttle endpoints. Occasionally, I can hear the motor quietly giving a fairly rapid beep (about 2 per second) when the only power is the coming from the Arduino. I have attached a picture of the circuit setup I am using, but the 3S LiPo battery is replaced with the TekPower. Thank you for taking the time to help me!
Edit: I have correctly armed the ESC, according to the instructions that came with it. It's after arming that the motor tries to spin, but only beeps rapidly (about 4 every second, for about 3-5 seconds, then stops).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Arduino-BLDC-Motor-Control-Circuit-Diagram-Schematic-1024x558.png
Views:	290
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	2263921

Last edited by Swestlake45; 04-08-2019 at 07:40 AM. Reason: To add information