Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Help with motors/controllers

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Help with motors/controllers

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:22 AM
ella10004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with motors/controllers

Hi, I hope this is the right forum to ask this...
I (with a group) am building a quadrotor. We use the controller: turnigy 18A basic 3.1, with 4 motors. Two motors rotate clockwise and two counter-clock.

The problem is that the two rotating clockwise act different from the two rotating counter-clock: They have different minimal speed, different reaction time...

For now we use 2 batteries, one for the clockwise motors and one for the counter-clock motors. We tried to switch the batteries and it didn't help. We also programmed all the controllers to default form and it didn't change their reactions.

Please help!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:23 AM
coomarlin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with motors/controllers

ORIGINAL: ella10004

Hi, I hope this is the right forum to ask this... [img][/img]
I (with a group) am building a quadrotor. We use the controller: turnigy 18A basic 3.1, with 4 motors. Two motors rotate clockwise and two counter-clock.

The problem is that the two rotating clockwise act different from the two rotating counter-clock: They have different minimal speed, different reaction time...

For now we use 2 batteries, one for the clockwise motors and one for the counter-clock motors. We tried to switch the batteries and it didn't help. We also programmed all the controllers to default form and it didn't change their reactions.

Please help! [img][/img]
I don't have concrete answers for you. Like you I came here for advice on multicopters and found out that the RCU forums have completely turned into a joke and it appears most people have abandoned them to greener pastures. There are other forums out there with much more active multirotor communities.

Not sure why you are using two different batteries. That could be part of your problem. I would suggest running all motors off of a single battery and see if taht helps your problem. Otherswise, check out the other communities with far more user interaction. PM me if you want more info.