Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Rabbit Multirotor Control Board.

The whole mix of art, physics, mechanics and electronics is what has kept my interest for the last 20 years. You are only limited by your creativity and your bank account
    I've actually found a usefull purpose to my aerial photography and video. This video is being used to secure funds to buy and restore a piece of history.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apfV8l4tYyk[/youtube]
    In fact, I have now become the official videographer/photographer for the entire project from beginning to end.
    I meant to do that.........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

From what I understand, FPV takes some getting use to. A bit like driving a car, it helps to be familiar with your surroundings Like anything, with some practice, start off small and work your way to flying in bigger and bigger areas, you will soon get the hang of FPV.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You need a good spotter to keep an eye on the rig in the air and a very familiar area. I have been playing for a while now it's time to take the plunge.
    As soon as the weather cooperates I'll find out. I think it's like skydiving, you just have to do it.
    Jerry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any of you guys that are having issues with the new software should try this fix, especially if you're not using the CF or GPS units. I'm using this and as you can see, my videos show no bad tendencies.
    First, get this FW. Yes, I know it's old but it WORKS.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=376
    Download the old FW setup. Email me at randall.huston@gmail.com and I will send you a version that is older but works flawlessly and I've tried them ALL. Here is a video thats almost NINE MINUTES long without any glitches. You simply select the file I send you as the "upgrade" and let it do it's thing. You will wind up with a GUI that looks like the one I'm attaching. If you will notice it says "Ver V 1.101 in the top right. When I use this FW I don't get any motor out issues, no flying away, nothing but SMOOTH.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwjCDAMs7Bo[/youtube]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Li21181.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	1768520  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Randall. I'll hopefully get out later in the week and test different firm wares in the field. I managed to tape all of my plugs together so that each group of plugs can be removed individually, which should stop the issue of removing all plugs to flash firmware easier, as my board is hidden in the middle of my frame and a pain to get to if you need to remove plugs.
     I have been reading on that evil website that it seems I am not the only one who has a strange issue with the Rabbit causing the motors to not accelerate correctly then suddenly come alive and flip to a crash. I would say the new firmware has an issue. 
     What FW are you currently running?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am running this firmware.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=375
    Then do the upgrade and you'll see at the top right it says "Ver 1.101"

Name:	Om32473.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	1768630  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is the flight showing how well my quad behaves.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb40P2lFL50[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im just wondering how this will go with GPS, seeing as you dont run GPS...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Soupbones

Im just wondering how this will go with GPS, seeing as you dont run GPS...
    All I can say is try it and see. I've heard that it works with position hold but not RTH.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This might be of interest.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661104

I've tested this GUI test version and looks really good.
    It all started with red biplane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tony3di - This might be of interest.

I think thats an understatement saying this might be of interest!
    Wow. Great new software as well as a possibility of a blue tooth serial connection to the Rabbit and a future android phone app. I had this on my Crius board and I can tell you, having Blue Tooth and a smartphone app to tweak the settings on your flight controller board is great and certainly convinient. I hate dragging my laptop out into the field.
    I wished this for the rabbit and now it is soon to be a reality. And this new confog software looks awesome to say the least. One thing I don't like is the Rabbit config software. Its cramped, terrible to use and looked like it was programmed for windows 95. The Rabbit development team need to sack their software designer and get this new one as the default config.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tony3di

This might be of interest.

How can you say you've "tested" it when it's apparent from the thread that this isn't anything but a simulated GUI?
    All the GUI does is input programming to the FCB. It does nothing as far as changing the code. Until and unless KKUSA has the code, the GUI doesn't do anything that the factory one doesn't.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

He clearly states he tested the GUI test version, GUI meaning Graphic User Interface. He has tested it to see if it runs ok on his PC, as I have. No one has tested it to see if it worked with the actual Rabbit FC so far, as this release was only to let people see what the GUI is going to be like. And compared to the chinese Rabbit one, its a million times better. Really looking forward to this being released. Hopefully we will see a mod for BlueTooth serial connections as well, and a smartphone app that will allow you to tweak your settings from yoru phone. Much easier to do then drag your laptop out into the field let me tell you. If this board has the so called alleged stolen MultiWii code then a BlueTooth connetcions should be possible.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"Say what!?" As anyone seen this manual? Rabbit GPS PDF. It's can be a comical read in certain parts.

I am very interested in using the GPS feature....eventually. I am just getting into QC and don't have
    one part yet. But I would like to know of people that have used this feature, how you learned to operate it
    and the results.

Thanks.
    Pull back houses get smaller
    Pull back more, houses get bigger !

http://sigfourstar.weebly.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes I have seen this manual. All these manuals need urgent conversion int proper english, as chinglish is very hard to follow sometimes.
    as for the GPS feature yes I actually went and tested mine for the first time only a few hours ago actually. I just tried RTH and first time it worked well, second and third times not so well. It decided to go off on its own direction. You need the magometer working well for this as well I think. I need to recalibrate mine again I think.
    The GPS takes a couple of minutes to get a good satellite reading too. So when you connect your board to power, it will beep and sit in start up mode till it has a decent amount of satellites to lock onto before it will beep again and then go into breathing mode. From there you can arm it and fly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I understand that this is a "test version" but what I also understand is that without the code, trying to make another GUI would appear on the face of things to be useless. If you don't have access to the code how can the GUI tell the board what to do?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

quite simple Randall. The communication between the board and the software is via Serial data through the USB. So capturing this data when you make an adjustment is simple enough to do. From there you can reverse engineer this data to create your own GUI. Thats how its done. No real need for the exact code on the board, just knowledge on the communications between the board and the PC. Being it is similar to multiwii helps take out much of the guess work too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

toke a video for my friend's new ship maiden today... cheap and crap camera, but small and light enough to fit on my 170mm baby quad...

anyone has used the keychain 808 #16 camera? seems very suitable for a small m-rotor

Mak Cargo Ship (1 min 15 sec)
    <iframe height="385" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yO7IcKV2fWs?rel=0&wmode=transparent" frameborder="0" width="480" allowfullscreen="">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO7IcKV2fWs

cmPang

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there were some confusion on Rabbit's new 6511 baro these days..

the development have comfirmed that the main fc board has to send back to factory for modification in order to use the new 6511 board, reason being that there is no way to recognise the new baro in the firmware without placing some mark in the main board..

I have talked to the team about the difficulties and charge that involved in sending the board back to factory and it would be more practical to give more info to us should we perfer to do the mod ourselves..

OK... get the info ... very simple..just add a 10K Ohm resistor acroos the mystery five unused pins on the board..

I would like to stress again.. doing that at your own risk[/b]..the 6511 is a delicate device, and needed to be handled with care... and the static electric things..

the white thing on the board is simply dirt, not a connection to the trace on the pcb..

the mag compass is the same type as the original extention borad..

you have to un-do the resistor while going back to the original 085 baro...

cmPang

Name:	Cz79806.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	348.9 KB 
ID:	1770286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw72264.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	332.0 KB 
ID:	1770287  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm confused. Is there an issue with the barometer currently that is being shipped with the rabbit FC?
    I'd like to buy a rabbit FC with baro. Even upgrade it with GPSsomeday.

If Iwere to purchase this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/251057445461...=p5197.c0.m619 would I have problems
    trying to make it work?

Thanks

Pull back houses get smaller
    Pull back more, houses get bigger !

http://sigfourstar.weebly.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There is not a problem with the baro, it is just that they now have a better one out, and you can buy this daughter board seperate now, so people are keen to attch this board to their current boards.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys,

On behave of the Rabbit team, I would like to express their appreciation and respect to KKUSA's good job on developing a more user friendly GUI for us all hobby enthusiasts. KK, you have a job well done!!

They will start to compile a protocol set and hopefully be available to us by the time the next upgrade release... I say hopefully as opening some information to the public is an entirely new things to them, and I think you all agree with me that it really take some time for them to get used to… so patience is the key....

During my discussion with them, I have suggested them to consider to add some more information, something like GPS Lat, Long and Number of Satellites locked etc in the future set.. in fact, it is a good start if you all will voice out a wish list to them for reference…

Rabbit would thank KKUSA and you all again for your support and patience, and looking forward for more user interaction / feedback in order to advance their product to a higher level..

cmPang

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cmpang

........and looking forward for more user interaction / feedback in order to advance their product to a higher level..

cmPang
    Mr Pang, I do understand the team is busy improving the features the rabbit already has but there is sommething i would like you to tell them.

As you can see I´ve been quite busy working on my ConnOcto 1000 rabbit octocopter. I have added a 360 pan camera mount. Initially I planned to use a second rabbit just for the gimbal but it does not work with it due to tha lack of gimbal setup the rabbit has (it only allows to change the gains). I have ended using a FF board with multiwii (which I really don´t like) as it allows me to control many aspects as servo minimum, maximum center points gains and manually control both tilt and roll.

In the last weeks all the mayor manufacturers are creating specific gimbal controllers for 3 axis gimbals that using the magnetometer allow the board to controll the pan. Hoverfly, cinestar, photohigher and even multiwii have started selling these kind of boards.

The rabbit would with the magnetometer would be a perfect controller for that task if only it had the possibility to adjust more parameters and with some work from the team to allow the control of the 3rd axis.

Here you can see what I have achieved for now:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRhhdHW1Pbs&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ5XlaWWkBg&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Well gentlemen I have found your new home!
    I have rabbits x 2, quad & tri.
    Still tweeking the basic settings.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm having problems arming the rabbit board. I've calibrated the ESC's and they all play their normal beeps when plugging in the battery. Have also set the throttle range in the GUI and deacivated the sensors I'm not using (magnetic, barometer, ultrasonic, GPS). Tried several different firmwares as well (1.206, 1.208, 1.209, 1.210) but no luck getting the FC into breathing mode. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast