Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Uncontrollable Naza Flamewheel Help?

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Uncontrollable Naza Flamewheel Help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Perhaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uncontrollable Naza Flamewheel Help?

Hi there,

I've been having some throttle/control issues with my new Naza controller Flamewheel quad.

Problem:
When I do the stick command to start the quad, the motors start in idle, and all looks good. Then, to lift off, I increase throttle to about 30-35%. At this point, the quad takes on a life of its own, and the throttle input is pretty much ignored. The quad starts rising, and is only stoppable by doing the stick combination to disarm the motors. When I tested it for the first time, it hit my garage, due to wind, which saved me from completely losing it. In subsequent tests Itied a rope to it to keep it from completely flying away, and a wheight to the other end, so it still has room to move around.

Attempted Solutions:

I have tried to adjust gains from 3% to 100%, to no avail. Itried flying in both altitude hold mode and manual mode, and neither had any effect on the problem. What Ifound though, is that the quad starts rising up in altitude hold mode at about 30% throttle, not the 50%+ that is specified in the manual. The only thing that has helped is adding about 1kg. of wheight, in the form of a 5000mah battery and a fiberglass exoskeleton made of driveway markers, and even then I can't land it after takeoff. Ihave checked all settings in the software, and read through the manual at least four times. My current suspect is that the motors are way too powerful.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?

Complete Setup:
Motors: Hobbyking dt750's, 750Kv
Props: 10*4.7
ESC: Turnigy Plush 18A
Frame: Flame wheel 450
Controller: DJINaza (no GPS)
Battery: 2200mAh 3S 25C
Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 PM
HEMI340

Default RE: Uncontrollable Naza Flamewheel Help?

With the information you gave,,my suggestion would be to ensure your radio has 0 trims and 0 sub trims.All expo and dr at 100 percent.
Go through the naza calibration again. Your post is older so you may have already found the answer.

Hemi340
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Perhaps

Default RE: Uncontrollable Naza Flamewheel Help?

Thanks for the suggestions, but it turned out that the NAZA's gains are not reversible, and I had all of my motors going the wrong way around(I still had opposites going the same way, but the problem was that the yaw gain would compensate in the wrong direction, causing the quad to spin and basically fly on only two motors). This caused the uncontrollable flying.

The quad works well now, and is super stable. Once Iget done with some schoolwork and finals Iwill get my HAMradio license and do some FPV flying.