Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Anybody buy from rc-drones.com

Old 02-14-2013, 12:36 PM
tgreeng

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Anybody buy from rc-drones.com

I recently found the "rc-drones.com" site. Many cool products. Called for order assistance twice ..left a message both times, never heard back. Sent an email ...never received a response. I went ahead and placed an online order. Recieved the order ...wrong items. Tried to contact for exchange/credit. A guy by the name of Tony Stavalone emailed asking for order details. I replied with the info. I've never received a response or credit. It's been over a month since the order was placed, so I've lost the credit card protection. Anyone else deal with this clown? May be a good idea to use another site.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:37 PM
jonesjj3
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Anybody buy from rc-drones.com

Wow I was just looking at this Co for a purchase and for the heck of it decided to do a search on that co cust service, dont look good here that is a big thing for me may have to keep looking, I may try and see what I can about photship one
Old 02-15-2013, 09:36 PM
irish_

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well i have known him for years, we dont talk anymore, but i guess or from what it looks like he is a one man operation, but he is very active on rcgroups every day, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=229653 i dont like dji products so i have no interests for anything on his site. goodluck, when you say you lost credit card protection what exactly do you mean? you can call your credit card and get help way longer then a month..
Old 02-16-2013, 11:21 AM
DamonTX

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the heads up tgreen... I've done all my research and decided on an S800 from RCDrones, UAVProducts or AerialMediaPros. You've definitely helped me narrow it down to Robert (UAVProducts) or Patrick (AerialMediaPros) who have both been really helpful answering my questions so far. Before dropping over $4,000, I want to make sure to go with someone who's got attention to detail.

If any of you have a preference between UAVProducts or AerialMedia Pros, please let me know. I'm hoping to make a final decision this weekend and get it ordered.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:18 PM
jonesjj3
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have done business with both of them and Patrick at AMP has givin me great cust support after the sale, I have to say that Robert at UAV has not giving me that good after the sale support, I have left email and voice mail for Robert and he has never answered either of my message to him little disappointed actually lot disappointed after spending thousands of $$. I would go with Patrick if you want after the sale of any kind, that has been my experience with those co.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:53 PM
ralarock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I purchased a factory assembled ginbal from RC-Drones. The camera mount fell off during the second flight. Fortunately the wires connecting the servo held and my camera survivied. I sent 3 emails and left a phone message trying to get this resolved. All were ignored. Finally, aftter notifying RC-Drones that I filed a claim with my credit card company for a defective product and non-response to attempts to resolve it, I received an email from Anthony Stavalone that, among other things, contained the following wise crack: "If this is how you plan to handle every purchase you have a problem with when you don't know much about this stuff you might want to look into a new hobby."

The problems I
had with their gimbal include: Their documentation is inaccurate and portions were missing altogether. The video instrucitons linked to on their web site are inaccurate as well. Some parts as shown in the installation video were missing from the shipment (2 extension wires with the connectors removed). Customer service is, for the most part, non-responsive. When they finally did respond, they were rude and not helpful in any way.

Note that their web site does not display a return shipment address. Here is is:
Rc-Drones
26 Faircrest Rd.
Rochester NY. 14623
Old 02-17-2015, 08:25 PM
JerryEl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I ordered from this site last week and received today as they were only ones I could find that had quality extended mounting plates for the Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal and also a rear plate for the FPV devices. The gimblel plate moves the camera forward and the lens more to the center (but not centered for some reason) which gets the legs and motors out of the picture when fighting the wind or flying fast. I have to say I had no problems with the order other than being very expensive at $30 each but they are real carbon fiber, strong, and the cutouts were exactly on the money. Luckily all the hardware was included including the riser tubes for the rear so one can still get the battery out easily. They have a lot of other products I haven't seen at other sites or on eBay but now I'll be a little leery of buying anything else from them until they answer here or answer my email on something else I'm looking for.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:59 AM
2001quadyssey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Got some motors from rc-drones.com that rc-drones claimed would work with a blade Nano Qx flight controller. The motors are causing my flight controller to intermittently go haywire -- seems like some kind of electrical issue. The controller worked perfect with my last set of motors.
Sent them one email that they have not yet responded to but it may have been to the wrong address (I just hit reply to their shipping confirmation). Sent them another email yesterday to their regular customer service email address. Hopefully they respond -- I will post an update detailing the resolution, if and when there is a resolution.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:01 PM
JerryEl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

They did reply to an email I sent within 2 days (maybe the next day) asking them about a product I wanted. I hope you have the same luck. The guy was very helpful but said he doesn't monitor this forum but said he was a member of RC Groups. He also owns Phoenix Flight Gear products and it's website.

Last edited by JerryEl; 03-06-2015 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:17 PM
2001quadyssey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, I have a better idea what is going on -- I looked at the bottom of the motors, the plastic cap covering the end of one motor is cracked and is coming off, and on another motor the cap is just coming off. I really hope this did not damage my nano flight controller with some kind of short circuit.
Still haven't heard anything back from rc-drones.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:42 PM
JerryEl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here is the email address I used that got a quick reply. sales@rc-drones.com
Hope it helps.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:59 AM
2001quadyssey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]They finally got back to me on the 11th of March (original email on the 5th) and just snubbed me! They said no returns on used motors. I found cracks in the cheap plastic used for the caps on the motors; I think the motors were defective--I only got like 3 flights of decreasing quality out of the motors. I didn't even crash them. I let rc-drones know, I sent them photos, but so far they have completely ignored me. [/COLOR]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	843.5 KB
ID:	2083990