Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

quadcopter build.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 PM
hashmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quadcopter build.

Hello. I am currently in school, and will be graduating soon. So before I graduate I'm going to have a capstone project. basically a culmination of everything I learned In school. So I'm thinking of doing a quadcopter. Yeah theres kits available, and that wouldn't be much of a project, but what I would like to do is hack a rtr/kit or make my own frame. Now here is where my copter is gonna be special. I would like to do most f the internals with arduino boards or something similiar maybe my raspberry pi. I want to be able to control it over wifi, from a pc/smartphone, I saw a rc flight simulator with a controller that looked like a 2 stick radio, might use something like that. heres a list of things I want to do, wifi, live video, self stabilizing, a manual mode for acrobatics, a hands free hover, gps, as much telemetry as possible, lights (directional, target/spotlight, laser), sound (microphone, speaker, ultrasonic range sensors, trace a path from a gps file,
Old 03-04-2013, 02:46 PM
hashmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: quadcopter build.

Ah my phone. When following. Path stay at certian altitude, like following a treeline. Have a safe "bubble", I want to be able to carry a lot of weight (maybe 10lbs if possible), and an extended flight time.I know I'm gonna need a big bank of battery power and the ability to "add on shields"(referance to arduino) for things like arms, winch, basket, gun (nerf), ect. Is there anything else cool I should think of adding inthere. Just loking for anything, what cool thing would u like to see in a quadcopter.