Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade MQX Front Rotor stops during turn

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Blade MQX Front Rotor stops during turn

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 07:09 PM
thegrons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade MQX Front Rotor stops during turn

Hello;

One of my MQX seems to have the left front blade almost stop spinning during hairpin turns and sometimes my machine falls out of the sky. I checked the connections, replaced the motor and boom and still it is happening. I tried the same turns on my second unit and all four blades keep spinning. I ordered a couple of new gyros off ebay for $21 each. Thought maybe it is the gyro. Does anyone know what is going on or if this is normal when the quad is making a turn and it is dealing with the wind and other issues? Sometimes I come out of it just fine but it does seem strange.

Thanks

JOhn
Old 09-29-2013, 06:39 AM
macawman3542
My Feedback: (155)

Hello, I have two of these and both crashed in flight. The first on hovered and then crashed in the road about 6 feet above the ground. The ebay seller let me send it back for a new one or refund. The second one did the same thing yours did. I ended up taking it apart and found esc to motor squashed between the upper and lower parts. I am sure the first one had the same problem with wires squashed between the upper and lower haves. I also found three other wires from the main board, esc's and leds I am going to call horizon and see if this is a common problem with builds at the factory. They should be notified of this. Two out of two is pretty bad in my opinion.
Patrick(Mike)
Old 09-29-2013, 10:45 AM
thegrons

where were the wires getting squashed? Was it between the boom and the motor mount or were they getting smashed with the cover or housing that covers the connectors between the boom and the motor mount?
Old 12-31-2013, 02:32 AM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm confused... do you have two of the MQX's or two 350 QX's? Never mind, I see you have three posts, and they're probablly all the same.

Originally Posted by macawman3542
Hello, I have two of these and both crashed in flight. The first on hovered and then crashed in the road about 6 feet above the ground. The ebay seller let me send it back for a new one or refund. The second one did the same thing yours did. I ended up taking it apart and found esc to motor squashed between the upper and lower parts. I am sure the first one had the same problem with wires squashed between the upper and lower haves. I also found three other wires from the main board, esc's and leds I am going to call horizon and see if this is a common problem with builds at the factory. They should be notified of this. Two out of two is pretty bad in my opinion.
Patrick(Mike)
Old 12-31-2013, 02:34 AM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quads yaw by slowing one rotor down. It sounds like you're flying rather aggressively when this happens, does it also happen if you fly more gently?

Originally Posted by thegrons
where were the wires getting squashed? Was it between the boom and the motor mount or were they getting smashed with the cover or housing that covers the connectors between the boom and the motor mount?