Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade 350 QX /Dx7 radio set up

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Blade 350 QX /Dx7 radio set up

Old 09-22-2013, 01:41 PM
khh1955

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Blade 350 QX /Dx7 radio set up

I just got my 350 qx...looks great
I am finding that the radio set up info they provide is somewhat vague...its just not "radio specific" enough!

When I use thier info,it doesn't go into all the modes...or spool up!
I can understand,in that there are so many versions of "dx" radios around...they'll have problems with this one!

Anyway,I am using a dx7 (not the S or SE) mode 2 airplane radio

When someone figures it all out,I'd love to get the info....the EXACT info for all the progamming in both
the system & function modes would be wonderful!
And of course which switch is controlling which mode!

Thanks!
Kurt
Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 PM
khh1955

This much I have figured out...
gear position flap position rudder position
smart mode 0 0 0
stability mode 1 0 0
agility mode 1 0 1
return home
can be done by switiching the flap position to 2 and can be done at any time from any mode!

a couple of notes:
* very unlike an airplane or helicopter...you are using 3 channels/switches (gear/flap/rudder) to change flight modes
* there is no rudder on a quad...so when you set up rudder d/r & expos...leave them at linear 100/100 duel rates & no expos
* set it up EXACTLY the way the manual says

Now the only other thing I have to figure out...is that its not spooling up when I do the L & R rudder to trigger the ESC!
I've tried changing the travel on the throttle (and rudder) to 105% high & low...but its still now working!
I'll have to think & work on that later!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:34 PM
khh1955

Ahhhhhhhhhhh........................I got it!
I put the throttle sub trim (the system sub trim-in the menu) at 3...and that triggers the ESCs to spool up!

WARNING!
Its not like a 0 to 100% throttle like a heli!
Its more like a multi stage incremental throttle ???
whatever!

Kurt
Old 09-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Cdntrini

Hi Kurt, on the DX7, there is no Flap switch. I usually program the 'AUX 2' switch for my flaps.I don't know why H.H. is saying to use flaps. I've tried the AUX 2 switch but with no luck. Tonight I flew the copter outside at the school field for the first time and all modes, SMART, STABILITY & AGILITY modes are working fine. So I had to program the DX7 okay, but why is the 'Return to Home' function not working. I think I'm missing one more step to program my DX7 to get it to activate the R.T.H. function. Can you help me please?
Old 09-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Cdntrini

Ok, so I'm playing around with the setup function on my DX7 tonight and in [INPUT SELECT] I set the 'FLAP:SYSTEM', and when I put the FLT switch to 2, I'm getting the fast blinking RED lights indicating this is the :Return to Home' function. I will test this out tomorrow. Can you confirm this setting Kurt or anyone?
Old 09-25-2013, 05:29 PM
khh1955

is your DX7 the airplane or helicopter version ? (I am using the airplane version as an F.Y.I.)
I also found that I had to do a "data reset"...since I had a previous model set up on the mdl position that I was using!
after resetting it,I did all the programming as per the manuals instructions & it worked!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Cdntrini

Hi Kurt, I have my DX7 setup in ACRO (Airplane mode) as per H.H. setup instructions. I have the 350QX setup in mem8, brand new never setup before memory slot.

Regards, Mario.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:40 AM
khh1955

Mario,
the flap position 2 is correct...it is for doing the "return home".
DX 7 radios come in 2 variations:
1 is for airplanes...which is indicated with an airplane icon in the bottom right hand corner.
if its a helicopter version,there will be a helicopter icon in the bottom right hand corner.
which radio do you have ?

Kurt
Old 09-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Cdntrini

Hi Kurt, Okay I got 'Return to Home' to work 3 times lunchtime today. Twice in SMART mode from about 45 meters (148 feet) up and once in STABILITY mode from about 200 meters (over 600 feet) up. I had my 720p-30 key-chain camera on-board and recorded my flights.

Regards, Mario.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:55 AM
davidgeorge212

glad i found a thread on this. i have a dx7 helicopter version and i havent been able to start the motors. I set everything upaccording to the manual but maybe i missed something. i am able to bind the quad and get a solid green or blue light. When I move the rudder stick like it says, the motors dont do anything. i tried moving the throttle trim up but it does nothing

Last edited by davidgeorge212; 10-05-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:57 AM
davidgeorge212

somethin i noticed. when i am in the mode with the solid green led, at neutral stick there is no beeps. when i move the right stick it does start to beep. i dont know what that means. it does not beep at all in the blue led mode
Old 10-05-2013, 06:58 AM
khh1955

I have the DX7 airplane version (with a few helis on it) ...so I'm not as familiar with the heli version.
With this quad,I have found that you have to keep playing around with different radio settings & sooner or later,you'll get it working!
If moving the stick left,then right isn't tripping the motors to start,make sure your throttle trims are at neutral,play around with the
throttle travel & sub trim settings. I have my throttle travel set at 100 H and 100 L...you could try 105 H & 105 L.
I eventually got the motors to start when I set my system throttle sub trim at +3...funny thing is is if I set it at +5 they don't start!
Bottom line...the lights do tell you where the quad is programmed...just play around with the settings till you get it working!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:04 AM
davidgeorge212

i would of never guessed that.n they need to mention hat in the manual. i went on the low end to 105 and it works great.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:05 PM
khh1955

COOL...I'm glad you got it working!
Old 11-02-2013, 05:31 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

The Blade 350QX was a really good excuse to upgrade to a DX8 I had a DX7 but found that I had to rebind the thing quite a bit since it was dsm2. If you can, I would definitely suggest upgrading to the DX8. You don't have to ever touch the trim again to kill the motors. Just hit a switch on top and you're done. Then simply flick the rudder to start her up again. I LOVE this setup.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:22 PM
electron
My Feedback: (1)

Found this tread I have a DX7 airplane mode TX as well and I still can't get my RTH to work I have tired everything yet still nothing on the flap switch... I have all other flight modes working fine I have noticed one thing is that if I have it in stability mode I can use either the flap or ruder switch to go into agility mode.. Anyone got any ideas on what I need to change in my settings ?

Last edited by electron; 06-07-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:34 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by electron
Found this tread I have a DX7 airplane mode TX as well and I still can't get my RTH to work I have tired everything yet still nothing on the flap switch... I have all other flight modes working fine I have noticed one thing is that if I have it in stability mode I can use either the flap or ruder switch to go into agility mode.. Anyone got any ideas on what I need to change in my settings ?
Have you set up the radio exactly as per the Blade manual? You might find this thread useful http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1953854 It is very active and contains lots of advice for 350QX owners.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:21 PM
electron
My Feedback: (1)

Yes exactly like the latest revised manual states it's really strange all modes work fine as they should it's just the RTH that doesn't work no matter what I do... Of course I can turn the radio off but I shouldn't have to do that, I would like to have the flap switch working as it should...

Electron..