Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Problem with kk 2.1 - Quadcopter don't fly [video]

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Problem with kk 2.1 - Quadcopter don't fly [video]

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 07:38 AM
dericeira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with kk 2.1 - Quadcopter don't fly [video]

Greetings.

I'm new in this hobby and i'm still with this issue for a couple days.
I've build my new quadcopter using escs hobby king and motors turnigy, everything ok.
My board (kk 2.1 with 1.5 firmware) seens to not respond properly in any channel (or something else).
I need help with this. I think it's a problem of the board.
I recorded a video to show the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOhnPlXnaRo

I have also reseted all escs config one-by-one and recalibrate tho one by one.

Last edited by dericeira; 05-17-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:41 PM
dericeira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbrumberg
I am just going to throw out a few questions as I try to think this through. I think it was Motor #1 and #3 that are not operating correctly if my failing memory serves me correctly. Are the ESC servo wire connections to M1 and M3 solid? and motors?

What motors are you currently using and have they been damaged to your knowledge in any crashes? Do they all spin similarly? Do any of them feel hot to the touch during your attempts at flight?

What version software are you using on the KK2.1 board? And have you tried the factory default settings prior to recalibration of the accelerometers? Is the board configured for an "X" configuration? Is your board oriented so the buttons are facing the rear of the quad?

What ESC's are you using? Do any of them feel hot to the touch during your attempts at flight?

Are you using a power breakout cable/squid or a power distribution board..

What size battery are you using?

These questions are more for my needs to get a better picture of what is going on with your quad. Something is obviously not right and it very well could be a simple solution, but do you have any spare motors or ESC's to try as substitutes for #1 and #3.

I still think it is a ESC calibration issue, from your video. I must have have calibrated my ESC's about 6 times before I got it correct in my mind.

Hang in there.

Hello.
Thank you so much! Now I calibrated again and again, and worked.

But, the bad part:
After some "flights" and falls (like everyone that flight for the first time, I crashed a little bit some times, but not big crashes, just normal) my motor M3 just stopped working well, I have another one and changed this, and worked fine, but after some minutes flying (some little crashes but nothing too much), THE SAME PROBLEM in changed motor, M3... It sound like a damaged bearing, I really don't know what happened. Both motors are hard to turn and making noise. The quad is not flying because of this motor (M3).
Motor: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12922

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzLp...ature=youtu.be