Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Freekin government banning "DRONES" in national parks

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Freekin government banning "DRONES" in national parks

Old 07-04-2014, 06:13 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I try to no longer get irritated when the gov makes some stupid decision. I realize that those in charge live in a different world for the other 95% of the population. When the people making the laws don't have to worry about money, health care, housing, and so on....how can they make good laws for the rest of us. And to top that off, they are generally motivated by the people/org who helped them get their positions. It is a joke really. The idea of how the gov was supposed to work makes some sense, but them money got thrown into the mix.
Id love to see congress members and the president live off of 50k a year. Then you would see them make some very different laws.

And as mentioned, media tends to play a large part. And who has a bigger budget to promote their views threw the media? Well it certainly isn't those of us in favor of not banning RC planes and helicopter!

I like the point from the OP, that a small plane can be banned from a park....but not always a person next to you smoking. But who has people to lobby? The cig companies...not the RC companies.
Laws get made in favor of those with money. It is sad, but true.

Let us just hope that "national parks" are as far as this goes. I can slightly understand this ban from one angle....national parks are supposed to be for their beauty. But if they ban from all parks, ball fields, play grounds ect we will be screwed.

The other sad truth is that while all of us use our planes or helicopters for fun, it wouldn't take much for someone evil to use one to deliver a small bomb or something like that. I have seen some $300 planes that can carry several pounds of payload. Those were used to carry nice cameras, but that wont stop someone for using it to hurt others. Frankly, I am surprised it hasn't happened yet. Lets hope it doesn't, cause that would be all the gov would need to go ban crazy on us. LIKE A BAN IS GOING TO STOP THE BAD PEOPLE!
Old 07-04-2014, 06:14 AM
Spiritwind
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fellow RC guys,,, WAKE UP! These Communist Bozos in government are slowly taking away all are freedoms while
at the same time they are destroying our economy. They are doing everything they can to tear down the Constitution.
My Dad, who has recently passed away, fought and spilled blood during WWII to defend what we use to enjoy, FREEDOM.
He would be ashamed to see how we the People have allowed these enemies of Freedom take over this country
without even a whimper from the American people.
Enjoy what is left of your freedom while you can, it is being taken away. Stand up to this Tyranny! Vote these bums out of office
and prosecute each one that has violated their oath of office. JMO.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:26 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by airraptor
if a person wants to use a plane, car gun or what ever to do hard he/she will do it. the laws only keep us sane people from doing what is fun to us. laws only work because law abiding people follow them. criminals dont listen to the law.....
nailed it.
gov bought up a lot of ammo....can be hard for some to buy 22 ammo right now. One gun company lost 2million in 22 riffle sales last year because of this. Will this in any way help stop some young person from using a 22 to shoot a bunch of kids in a playground, NO. There are guns and ammo everywhere...and if someone wants to do others harm they will find a gun and they will not be doing it threw legal means.

Those tough locks on your house's doors only work to keep people out who are not willing to break your thin glass windows. If someone wants your stuff bad enough, they just need a brick. for those people, you might as well have the front door open, it makes no difference.

I had a nephew who did some nasty drugs at 15-16 years old. He got clean but was never really the same. His parents did all they could to help him and he was doing better. One day the dad came home and found him in his car with his head blown off. He had borrowed a riffle from a friend to go "target practice". Later the friend apologized to his parents....they said it did not matter as he would have got a gun from somewhere else if he had said no.

when people want to do harm, the law will not stop them. the law might be able to punish them later, but that's about it.

but next thing you know, my GWS slow stick that can drop Ping-Pong balls from it will be banned!
Old 07-04-2014, 01:22 PM
FuzzyDice
My Feedback: (6)

I have the little green quad I bought from Tower and it has a camera too . I think the public will over re-act because of the media . First guy that crashes one at a public event and hurts some AH OH! You know it's gonna happen. Porcia I can't get over you being here instead of RCG trader . I have 2.4's and a foamies too . Notice the headlines "Drone Crashes" ...........but your right I am too old to appreciate quads . Bah HUMBUG ! I'm amazed at the technology . We live in a world were the sheeple are scared and want big Bro to do something to save them . It's the rogue drone pilots that will news . Most people who
even care to post on a forum like this would be responsible pilots of whatever they were flying .

Last edited by FuzzyDice; 07-04-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added info
Old 07-04-2014, 04:41 PM
oly 9

You can disagree and argue all day long. It doesn't change the facts that some people make poor decisions and use these aircraft in semi dangerous situations. Flying around crowds buildings etc. is not a bright idea. Complain and ***** about the government, big brother, or the police, doesn't change the way the public perceives this. If we do this or condone any one who flies in a poorly chosen location, we will all pay the price. You cannot blame authorities for trying to control this behavior. Some moron ends up hitting and killing some little kid, will be the end of our hobby. Please use common sense when choosing where to fly. How we go down this path is apparently different for many of the writers above but the outcome is always going to be the same. Some of us do stupid behavior and we ALL will pay the price.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

The AMA and forums like these won't get any info to the buyers/users of this stuff who aren't here to begin with. The only effective (and even questionable) method will be some requirement levied to the manufacturers to publish and include all the regulations/rules about permitted and banned use of their products. Even that won't make sure that buyers pay any attention to the rules; but I am one who absolutely believes that local clubs and the AMA are not the means to communicate to these hordes of $$$ rich and sense-poor buyers who are in the play-it-by-my-own-rules mode.

Last edited by Bob Pastorello; 07-04-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:52 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr. Pastorello:
You are partially right ... The problem is with the places like Hobby King and your local Hobby Shope that have to make the Sale to stay in business. But the Fact of the matter if U read the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Interpretive Rule in which it presented FAA's interpretation of the "Special Rule for Model Aircraft" established by Congress, Not even manufactures may fly anything with out authorization from the FAA. The believe that anything that receives or pertains to compensation is Illegal under their interpretation. i.e. they can't even fly a model to develop it in the NAS. Now if they can't Develope or deminstrate their product what do U believe is going to happen to our Hobby/Sport.

We have to comment to the FAA it is imperative that we inundate them with out disapproval of their interpretation.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:29 AM
turok007

it gets even worse. ( airdog drone)
Old 07-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by turok007
it gets even worse. ( airdog drone)
Also the Hexo+.

They wanted $50,000 on Kickstarter and now have over $1,000,000 with 10 days to go,

Last edited by Rob2160; 07-05-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:50 AM
turok007

how is the law going to like this one then. as no one is flying it. lol
Old 07-06-2014, 12:39 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Also the Hexo+.

They wanted $50,000 on Kickstarter and now have over $1,000,000 with 10 days to go,
That thing has trouble written all over it.
Reading through that sales brochure there is nothing telling how it's actually controlled .

Here is the best part hidden in the faq:

How does Hexo+ handle obstacle avoidance? Using our system you will have to choose paths that are in open areas. Picture yourself driving a car with a trailer - you have to anticipate the trajectory of the drone following you. The reason for this is that there is no avoidance system included in the first version. That's something we are working on right now and there will be a system update once fully developed. So far it looks promising but we can't yet commit to a release date.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
That thing has trouble written all over it.
I totally agree. It might be great in the wilderness but keep it away from cities.

Last edited by Rob2160; 07-06-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Lazaro

Am glad I bought a house with enough backyard to zoom around without bothering anyone
:-)
Old 07-07-2014, 04:43 AM
turok007

ok lets say you place the follow quad on the floor it takes it start point on GPS then takes off flies around but someone or something is in that area as it is landing. not good. also what happens if it has a fault and just crashes. you will finish your (cool) display and find out your quad has not come home. lol
Old 07-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Rob2160

Interesting site..

http://travelbydrone.com

Last edited by Rob2160; 07-08-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:23 PM
opwan
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by madmorgan
ponder this for a moment ehh. how much do the camera and gimbal setups weigh ? how long can say a dji phantom fly with the cameras that come with them.? remove camera and gimbal replace them with same amount of c4 say for instance 1 pound. 1 pound can do a ton of damage ehh. with gps and fpv a terrorist could easily bomb any place and be far away enough to not really be noticed. is it bs yes and no ! also i noticed a guy on hf with gps etc setup on his 600 or 700 heli the thing was high in the air. what happens when someone isnt thinking about where they are flying and what they are near. maybe a small private airfield that little cessnas fly in and out of. what happens if that quad or bigger hits the cessna?? i bet it wouldnt be pretty. seeing what a bird can do to bigger jet planes. its all what ifs. but what if it happens?
what if, what if, what if. What if you drove out of your driveway one morning and a garbage truck doesn't see you and you don't see him....what if. I'm sure the Taliban will be using Phantoms instead of the RPG Launches and guided missiles they already have. What happens when that pot finding copter that the National Guard uses, looses control and slams into my house at 500 feet? Ehh?
Old 07-15-2014, 06:07 PM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

What has caused all this is the idiot that has never flown anything, goes out, buys a Phantom or some other such "easy to fly" quad and then gets himself into trouble because either he didn't calibrate it correctly, didn't give it time to set up gps coordinates, flies it like a moron trying to "cloud surf" or thinks he's the next Chuck Yeager and starts flying it way beyond it's design limits or beyond his ability to see it and ends up getting into the news.
All you have to do is a little search on youtube and it would be easy to see, that to the uninitiated, we all look like a bunch of wild law breakers with no self control and no real common sense. Flying above the clouds over congested cities, over national monuments during peak times, over crowds at public events, and chasing cars on the highway only gives the FAA, the Park Service and basically any police department with a helicopter a real and perceived sense of public danger.
Just do a quick search on youtube using "drone nearly collides with" and you will soon see what the public perception of this part of the hobby is. Let's say that you had an aunt on a jet airliner that was brought down by some idiot with a Blade 350 and you tell me, would you care that 10,000 people flew safely that day or would you want the whole damned lot stopped cold?
Listen carefully to the words this FAA official uses at :30 and beyond and you can easily see where the fear comes fom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxInDycb5fY
And read the comments at the bottom of this story and you can see what the public thinks, or at least what comments were made before it was disabled.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...ational-parks/
The fact is that morons are killing this hobby and turning the public at large against us with the help of the FAA and the media.

Last edited by randall1959; 07-15-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:40 AM
turok007

the UK is buzzing now because of this USA law.

so i looked into the UK law again on FPV and we can only use a 2.5ghz 25mw transmitter. even with a license we cannot use anything stronger. so you lot have sort of hade it very easy at the moment with the distances you can do. but for us FPV is basiclly dead if you stick to the law.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:45 PM
randall1959

Originally Posted by turok007
the UK is buzzing now because of this USA law.

so i looked into the UK law again on FPV and we can only use a 2.5ghz 25mw transmitter. even with a license we cannot use anything stronger. so you lot have sort of hade it very easy at the moment with the distances you can do. but for us FPV is basiclly dead if you stick to the law.
You can go quite a ways on 25mw with the right equipment. Especially if using a multirotor.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:21 AM
flyinwalenda

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 07-28-2014 at 02:36 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:08 AM
randall1959

When you have idiots like this getting in the way of firefighters it makes the govt's decision very easy.
http://news.msn.com/us/toy-drone-dis...ornia-wildfire
Old 07-29-2014, 11:19 AM
FLYBOY

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Its illegal for any aircraft to be in that area, much less a person not related to the fire. They need to arrest him and make an example of him so idiots don't think they can just fly anywhere they want to .
Old 07-29-2014, 01:18 PM
flyinwalenda

That is correct! Like I have stated in other discussions about this FAA issue. There are already laws on the books to deal with these people using these multirotors in an unsafe matter whether it be FAA, local, municipal, or state laws. We don't need the "knee-jerk" reaction of the government to "create" a new law to combat what existing laws can already do.
If enough of these people are fined heavily under existing laws the word should get out and others will either stop or seek out instruction in the proper and safe way to fly .
Old 08-08-2014, 11:16 AM
turok007

ok i have seen the worst safety video ever. i will try and link it. but a parrot drone is in a big city and it is crashing into people and chasing other people.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:34 AM
turok007

my day started good. i found a fellow quadcopter pilot right in my area. then my day goes down hill fast. im watching a video of his DJI phantom (it falls from the sky) and lands about 10ft away from a few people. then i see that person should not be flying (all im saying is he is not capable of doing much that you need hands for) even a pro with the same issues would find it a problem to fly it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.