Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Help choosing flight controller?

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Help choosing flight controller?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 03:57 AM
ginnz
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help choosing flight controller?

Hi guys, I finally picked up my first quadcopter, a 450 carbon bumblebee, its got an KK 2.1 controller on it. Im looking at replacing it with something with GPS/Autonomous functionality. Im looking at the HKPilot Mega V2.5, or the HKPilot32 Autonomous Vehicle 32 bit Module. The Mega 2.5 is about half the price, and the description says its capable of waypoint flying just as well Im looking at getting the Ublox Neo M8N GPS/Compass as my GPS antenna. The other one is the UBlox Neo 7M, for about half the price as the 8M, but the 8M seems to get a better rating?

So, can anyone help me decide which system would be better suited for me? It seems the HKPilot 32 has more features, but the Mega 2.5 is smaller? There is also a HKPilot Mega 2.7, it looks the same as the 2.5..... I dont know which one would be the better system? Anyone ? Im looking for something that will work with the mission planning software.

TIA,
Ginnz

Last edited by ginnz; 06-23-2015 at 04:01 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:03 PM
Rock81

How much experience with quads do you have and what kind of programming experience with flight controller do you have? I ask this because the boards you mentioned can be quite complicated to get programmed and working properly.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:47 AM
jackyoung

Originally Posted by ginnz
a 450 carbon bumblebee, its got an KK 2.1 controller on it. Im looking at replacing it with something with GPS/Autonomous functionality.
It seems the HKPilot 32 has more features, but the Mega 2.5 is smaller? There is also a HKPilot Mega 2.7, it looks the same as the 2.5..... I dont know which one would be the better system? Anyone ?
Hello, In my own experience, Before you get started, you have to make sure that what's flight controller features do you need for your quadcopter? Only after that you can choose the right FC.
"GPS/Autonomous functionality" I think you need these features, There are many FC have these functions on the market, such as AeroQuad 32, AMP, Naze32, Naza-M Lite etc. What's the differences between all the flight controller for quadcopter? Read it and After that, you can come back to this page with a lot more drone knowledge. For Mega 2.5 and HKPilot 32, both of them are suited for your quadcopter but if you have budget, you can choose the cheaper one.