Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

assistance required; Homemade BuddyBox for drones???

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

assistance required; Homemade BuddyBox for drones???

Old 12-24-2015, 04:43 PM
natethagreat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default assistance required; Homemade BuddyBox for drones???

hello and thanks for having me. Ive got three boys 9-12 years old and a five year old baby girl all begging for me to teach them how to fly. Weve got a blade mcx heli and several of these skyrocket m200 nano drones. What im after, and any advice is welcome, is ideas on how to wire two remotes together with a 'master' switch or trainer switch...

I use to fly standard size airplanes and one thing i did before i had money for a good buddy box system was wired two transmitters together, and used one main battery to power both remotes, yet had a toggle switch to control which transmitter has power.. then ordered a matching transmitter christal for the second radio,

what would happen is basically when i flipped the switch, it would turn my radio off and their radio would come on..... if they were gonna crash, id regain control. Suprizingly, the idea worked fine.

id lik to try a similar idea with these drones and maybe my BladeMcx heli, except the problem is, when i turn off the master remote (to hand controls to beginner pilot), the drone is coming down and lose signal. Ok... heres my delema with this so far.....

the transmitter has a Potential-meter rright beside each stick, soldered into the circuit board. This gizmo hooked to the joystick, and each channel is independent from one another... they have three 'legs' each and i need to jump signal from one potentialMeter to another, in another remote...

any ideas on hw to proceed? my kids sure wanna fly and im open to any and all ideas. Id like to do this without buying new radios,

thanks!
Old 12-26-2015, 03:05 PM
natethagreat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any idea how to decrease the sensitivity of the potentialMeters inside those remotes?