Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

More ESC Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 07:30 AM
Danibo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More ESC Trouble

Sent Via a user: "Normally you hear a start up tone when the ESC is connected to the motor (even if you don't have a flight controller). I think it could be that those 30A ESCs are running Oneshot where as the F400 would likely be on Multishot (or Dshot).
You would have to see if there is a configuration tab in Raceflight to change ESC/motor feature to Oneshot but you would have to lower your motor update rate down to 2KHz to be safe."
This worked I think! Thank you so much for the advice, I obviously don't have a clue how these things work but there seem to be a lot of little pieces that have to work together that are not made clear by online tutorials. Anyway by worked I mean the ESCs are beeping differently, and I am able to arm them but in a strange way...

In Raceflight motor tab I slide the props of switch and move the master slider to max.
I then plug in the battery and listen to the beeps of the ESC which I assume are correct.
Then I slide the master slider all the way down but the ESCs start beeping out of syn and in a strange pattern.
When I try to power the motors nothing happens, and the ESCs continue to beep out of sync but get slower and slower in their sound.

After messing around for a bit, I found that if I go to the ESC programming tab and click "Props off LAD?," the ESCs beep again. I can then go to the motors tab, hit the props off button and spin up the motors with the master slider. If I disconnect from Raceflight I have to repeat the whole process again, and I still cannot control my ESCs from my controller even though it is bound to the receiver. My controller is a Spektrum DX6e, and I tried arming in multiple ways but I'm just not getting through to the ESCs.

This all seems very strange, and I'm wondering if it is like I am overriding something in the ESC Programming tab temporarily, and I just need to override it permanently. Thanks for any help you can give.