Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

X-UFO with Draganfly battery

Old 03-19-2006, 10:35 PM
TheHindmost

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default X-UFO with Draganfly battery

Hey folks,

I realize this isn't an X-UFO forum , but I thought I'd report on a little experiment I did while waiting for the parts to repair my real flyer (the Draganflyer). My X-UFO just doesn't last long enough on the battery it came with, and I have to fly something while I wait for the parts, so I gerry-rigged a Draganfly battery into the X-UFO, just to see if it would fly. The answer is: Yep, it flies just fine. The DF battery is just a tad heavier than the X-UFO's stock battery and holder, but the added weight didn't seem to bother it any. Power was plentiful, for the few minutes I tried it. (I had a true gerry-rig going on here...velcro, solid wire with creatively bent tips as a power connector adaptor, the works, and I didn't want to push my luck!)

So now it's a matter of building a proper power connector adaptor (no problem, except that my local hobby store closed an hour too early today!!) and coming up with a better battery mount. Then, I ought to be able to fly the X-UFO until the motors melt, if I want to. Its stock battery is only 350 mah, vs. 1320 on the DF battery. (Hmmm...better use Sky High's cell phone alarm trick!)

Will