Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

My new hot Outdoor video!

Old 05-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Koop

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: My new hot Outdoorvideo!

Hammer De,
I just received my X-UFO today and all I can say is this thing needs the new piezo board to be able to fly correctly. What the hell was silverlit thinking when they made this thing anyway? It has a lot of promise, but at the moment I must say it will remain on the ground until the new board is released. What causes the X-UFO to go full throttle into the ceiling for no reason, is it the gyro or do I have a transmit receive problem? The NiCad battery had to be replaced with my DF LiPoly simply because 3 minute flight times are a bore. Any help would be appreciated.

In order to use another transmitter can I simply change the crystals so that my DF transmitter will work for the X-UFO or is it a completley different frequency range that requires a new transmitter? Thanks again!!!

Koop
Old 05-06-2006, 12:13 AM
TheHindmost

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Koop, sounds like you have a TX/RX issue...My X-UFO does that sometimes, but not often. But I've had other TX/RX issues. When it does work, the stock X-UFO flies like a truck, but if you don't push it, it can be flown around the house...just don't take it outdoors! And if you do push it, prepare for the infamous "flip of death."

(I'm looking forward to that new board, too!)

Will
Old 05-06-2006, 06:33 AM
targit

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What were Silverlit thinking?
Well, I guess "ha ha ha look at all this money! By the time the suckers work out how useless it is they will have crashed it too many times to take it back under warranty"

Old 05-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Dreddy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi all,

Targit, the store were i bought my X-UFO a month ago,
they have taken him back, after one weekend of trying to fly indoors the mech. gyro was broken out of on of the balancing points[]
No problems he said!! Got my money back
i hope it will fly much beter with that new mod,defenetly will buy one again then!!
Old 05-07-2006, 12:29 AM
intrim

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HEY YOU GUYS
YOUR LUCKY YOU GOT THE SILVERLIT THE FIRST TIME. WHEN I GOT MINE I GOT SCREWED OVER THE INTERNET AND RECEIVED THE KNOCKOFF VERSION. THATS A DOUBLE POS . I ACTUALLY GOT THE ORIGINAL POS ON THE SECOND PURCHASE. YOU SEE I WAS THINKING THIS POS MUST FLY SO CRAPPY BECAUSE IT'S A CHEAP FAKE BUT OH NO I WAITED IN EXCITEMENT FOR 2 WEEKS WAITING FOR THE ORIGINAL SILVERLIT TO ARRIVE JUST KNOWING IT WAS GOING TO FLY BETTER THAN THE FIRST. SO YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW DISAPPOINTED I WAS WHEN I TOOK IT OUT OF THE BOX AND FOUND OUT IT FLYS THE SAME. i HAD TO GET A LADDER AND RETRIEVE IT FROM MY ROOF. NO IT DIDN'T MAKE IT THERE ON ITS OWN. I DROP KICKED IT , 2POINTS

MICHAEL[sm=punching.gif]ICHAEL[sm=punching.gif]
Old 05-07-2006, 05:27 PM
red_sash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hammer,

thanks for the quick explanation, and I will have a look around and do a bit more research to familiarize. I'll do a bit more reading before I bother you again.

Thank you for sharing.

Red_Sash
Old 05-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Koop

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hammer De,
Do you have any contact information regarding technical support for the X-UFO? I'm having quite a bit of issues with mine and I'm not sure if it's the gyro, receive functions on the PCB or the transmitter itself. For some reason it goes full throttle and runs itself into the ceiling for no reason. I know I asked this question before and I didn't get a specific answer, but I was wondering if I can use any TX and RX crystals for the X-UFO or does it have to be in the 27Mhz range? Simply put can I use my DF futaba transmitter with the X-UFO? Thanks again.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Hammer_DE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi koop,

at first you can use 27, 35 and 40mhz. 50mhz i'm not sure, but so far i know "no" 72mhz.

In the stock TX you "must" plug in normal batteries "no" accus!!!!!!! please check this.
Second, please check the crystal on the ufoboard - it must be strong in the socket.
Sometimes the crystal in the TX is not so strong in the socket also.

Please check this!

(this is for this problems you wrote, the first two things to check, mostly there are bad batteries in the tx or accus the problem)
the stock TX needs the normal batteries because it works only with 6Volt, with accus you have 4,8V and this difference makes
mostly the problem you have.

I know the most upcoming problems with the ufo - and if i can, i will give you to all a answer - in my broken english

Greetz
Hammer
Old 05-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Koop

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hammer De,
I figured out that my problem lies with the transmitter. I opened it up and all I can say is that I'm amazed it can control anything. what a piece of sh*t!!! Anyway, where can I buy a 4ch or higher transmitter that operates in the 27MHz range. I tried searching for one on the net, but seeing as though this is not the frequency range for aircraft it was difficult to find anything. Would it be possible to change the rcv crystal on the X-UFO to 72 Mhz or will it still not work. Thanks again for all your help.

Koop
Old 05-11-2006, 02:55 AM
Hammer_DE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi this is only a test for picupload.
After some weeks, i found this feature

My 3axis piezo-ufo while start.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83248.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	459698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97756.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	459699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns43377.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	459700  
Old 05-15-2006, 02:02 AM
Hammer_DE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good Morning @all,

here is another small video from a indoorflight meeting yesterday.
More "cutted" Vids are coming in the next two days.

http://xav666.de/evideo/ufo7.avi

Greetz
Hammer

(The one flying guy (long hairs) is one of the piezoboard developergroup.)
Old 05-15-2006, 02:17 AM
Sky High

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hammer could you post that as a .wmv file? I wasn't able to open it as a .avi file. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:28 AM
Hammer_DE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

SkyHigh,

i would do it, but this is not a file from me. Sorry
But if you have the MediaPlayer Classic, you can play all files, also .avi

Here is the Download Link for the player
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=403110

After install the player, download with right klick the video file and open it with the mpc, this is for now the fastest way.

The other vids are after cutting in *.wmv

Greetz
Hammer
Old 05-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Hammer_DE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok guys - here is the last video with x-ufo piezo mod.

It was a small Event in NĂĽrnberg, Germany
The Author of the Video is "dawidi" a member of the german xufo community.
The originalvideo is 96mb in avi, so i converted and cut it to *.wmv and 35mb, 6:18min.

You need no player - only klick the link and have fun
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/14215

greetz
Hammer
Old 05-16-2006, 11:37 AM
targit

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Hammer, Excellent video, I like the "bloopers" at the end, I dont feel like such a bad pilot when I see that!
Old 05-23-2006, 03:02 AM
tend2it

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow! ... this is where the x-ufo interest went ...

I've been posting to the wrong forum ...
[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3145931/mpage_1/key_ufo/tm.htm[/link]
[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3615971/anchors_3615971/mpage_1/key_ufo/anchor/tm.htm#3615971[/link]

ORIGINAL: Sky High

The UFO pilot in that indoor flight video that Koop posted has got some lightening fast depth perception flying that close to the ceiling and cross beams at that speed! [X(]
That is Garfield, one of the x-ufo inventors ...

ORIGINAL: Koop

X-UFO Owners,
I just recently purchased an X-UFO and I was wondering if the TX crystal is able to be removed from the transmitter and is it universal to other types of transmitters (Futaba)? BTW, what is a good source for parts? I went onto the Silverlit site and they wanted more in shipping than for all the items in my basket. Thanks for your help everyone.
Parts can be found at [link]http://www.hobbypeople.net/guru/hps_475496626.asp[/link] and local US support can be found at [link]http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/[/link]. Global is nice to deal with and handled my defective Version1 return/replacement with a Version2.

The [link=http://forum.xufo.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1307]plottermeiers piezo-gyro mod that you can DIY! [/link] guide that I created is an information centerpoint and English interpretation of the German experts. It is occasionally updated ... so, this link should give you the latest and greatest version + some other vids you may not have seen.

For people wondering about using other Tx radios ... I did some research and found a possible solution for the US folks ... [link=http://forum.xufo.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1520]here[/link]. If anyone tests 72MHz, I'd like to hear ... the supported Rx Freq range that I've heard is 27-50MHz. I'm thinking of getting a Futaba 9CHPS Super to try out the solution.

Any other X-UFO info can be found at [link]http://forum.xufo.net/bb/index.php[/link] ... in the International Landing Pad section or use the In English babelfish translator button at the top navbar of the German sections. That's what I do ... since I'm state side and don't speak German. Thanks Hammer for spreading the word on this nice little alternative.

The other wealth of knowledge is over at [link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470537[/link] where there are two big part threads.

Here is my latest mod ... [link]http://forum.xufo.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1538[/link]

Btw, I was looking at Draganflyer mods and found one a while back using wiffle golf balls as landing gear risers ... but I haven't been able to find it again ... anyone have the link???

--Eric--
Old 05-23-2006, 09:18 AM
TheHindmost

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Welcome, and thanks for all the information! I started with an X-UFO (V2), stock, and then decided to try the Draganflyer. I'm not doing much right now because my left shoulder is getting operated on tomorrow. But after I'm recovered, I plan to pursue both the X-UFO and the Draganflyer further.

Glad you found this thread!

Will