Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

DF V MICRODRONE

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 06:16 PM
cre8web

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DF V MICRODRONE

Hi Guys, does anyone have any idea if there is a product between the dfvtipro and the microdrone, I am very impressed with the microdrone but not the price, I feel the df has too many clitches, there must be something inbetween, i phoned df to get an indication of future products but nothing for 10 -12 months

cheers

Marty
Old 12-16-2006, 07:49 AM
reno.24

Default RE: DF V MICRODRONE

The future X-3D brushless UFO
Old 12-24-2006, 01:07 AM
cre8web

well i am very close to ordering a microdrone, but then wonder about the x-pro, i see in a post here it is not recomended for aerial video. I really need to find a reliable solution, avoiding gas heli (been there), but i would like to spend less than the microdrone, although it seems very very stable and to have everything we all want.. shame about the price, I rekon i could get a heli pilot lic for less.
Please give me some direction guys, will look at anything...

Marty
Old 12-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Sky High

I would schedule an appointment, buy a plane ticket and visit those guys to fly it first before I spent that kind of money.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:02 PM
targit

I'd expect the buggers to come here and give me a demo for that money!
I heard someone saying on the radio that some farmers are experimenting with using R/C helicopters for cattle mustering, maybe they have a rep out here already? I'm guesing they must use something with a long flight time though, given the size of some of the cattle stations out here.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:57 PM
cre8web

I hace a visit and booked training for feb 07, but still it seems such a jump, is the x-pro any better than the vti?
it is a larger frame so i rekon maybe a little more stable?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Fesfly

The XP can carry a lot more which will certainly make a difference and give you a few options for AP for sure. If it doesn't use Ti then I think it may be an issue when you get high up - it is hard keeping your eye on the DF and keeping it stable above 100-150 feet without Ti. I test my heart regularly trying. I don't think I would go for the Microdrone at that price - it is just too much. I think I would go the XP route and fit it with my own gizmos and have fun trying. 20K (cough, cough)

Where you really need a tested solution - single rotor heli or four (20K I still can't stop coughing).
Old 01-04-2007, 10:29 PM
cre8web

I guess for me guys the issue is not so much the money (although it makes a difference), but more ease of use, and reliabilty. I am in Real Estate in a prestigous area, and would not really consider myself a "Hobby Flyer". What i want to do is turn upto a property, open a case, take out the machine, fly up take the shots or video, come down and move on. I find with the DF, there is too, way too much stuffing around to get the machine happy, and to get ti working, and its not that steady at the best of times, in fact it more unpredicatble than my wife!!!

Just an insight so you know what i am trying to achieve, I really do appreciate all the input, and I know there are guys out there getting some great shots, but i think they have spent far more time setting up the shots than i can spare, so if i need toget the cheque book out so be it, i just cant believe the jump from df to microdrone is the only option, i would have thought there would be an intermediate product now or just around the corner.

Cheers

Marty
Old 01-05-2007, 01:10 AM
laceycopter

Cre8web,
I don't know if you have any conventional Helicopter experience but if you can fly a single rotor Heli there are Lots of choices out there. We were using a Raptor 90 and recently got a Gas powered Condor. It can lift 15 lbs and fly for about a half hour on a tank of gas(no smoke like the nitro heli's). It's 5' long and has a 6' rotor....Very stable....But you would have to know how to fly a Heli....It's NOT like flying a DF with TI. (and this thing can take your head off)
Here is a the site where you can check it out, if you want. http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...?currentid=335
Happy Flyin,
Lacey
Old 01-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Sky High

Lacey, don't forget that those helos cost a little bit more to fix when they break too.

cre8web, honestly, what would you pay for a helo that could do what you described?
Old 01-05-2007, 01:16 AM
cre8web

THANKS
I can fly a gas heli, i have a jr 30, not as big as yours but i can fly it.
Trouble is a gas heli with or without smoke draws a lot of attention, and would scare the s**t out of me if i were to fly over some of these multi million dollar properties, but on a rural shoot it would be ideal.
The ease of use of the df attracted me (well apparant) on the size and lack of safety issues......

Ah well

Cheers

Ill keep muddling on, a mate is just mucking around setting up a digi still on it for me, will keep you all posted
Old 01-05-2007, 01:18 AM
cre8web

cheers skyhigh

what would i pay??

I'm not far off ordering a microdrone 40k aus

my gut feeling is that someone else even df, will release something in the next 12 months for 10k aus (7 us i think), i would pay that in heartbeat
Old 01-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Sky High

Okay, well that's good to hear and shows that you are realistic about paying for high end features. I was going to say anything less than 10K US was unrealistic. Who knows?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:31 AM
reno.24

ORIGINAL: cre8web

I guess for me guys the issue is not so much the money (although it makes a difference), but more ease of use, and reliabilty. I am in Real Estate in a prestigous area, and would not really consider myself a "Hobby Flyer". What i want to do is turn upto a property, open a case, take out the machine, fly up take the shots or video, come down and move on. I find with the DF, there is too, way too much stuffing around to get the machine happy, and to get ti working, and its not that steady at the best of times, in fact it more unpredicatble than my wife!!!

Just an insight so you know what i am trying to achieve, I really do appreciate all the input, and I know there are guys out there getting some great shots, but i think they have spent far more time setting up the shots than i can spare, so if i need toget the cheque book out so be it, i just cant believe the jump from df to microdrone is the only option, i would have thought there would be an intermediate product now or just around the corner.

Cheers

Marty

If money is not a problem for you, click on [link]http://www.workfly.eu/index.php[/link]

Old 01-05-2007, 04:29 PM
vi360

How much are one of those Eyesfly or Workfly? And I wonder what stabilization system they use.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:26 PM
flyingdutchie

Bottom of this page says that they supplied their system for the workfly.
Be sure to check out all of that site,because it is more than interesting!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:58 PM
cre8web

now were getting somewhere, gps position hold, electric, I need to check out these prices

cheers guys, lets keep digging, i have a price coming on the french thing, will advise when i know

Marty
Old 01-05-2007, 06:03 PM
flyingdutchie

ORIGINAL: cre8web

now were getting somewhere, gps position hold, electric, I need to check out these prices

cheers guys, lets keep digging, i have a price coming on the french thing, will advise when i know

Marty
Fair dinkum [sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 01-05-2007, 06:46 PM
TheHindmost

Did it occur to anyone that we're doing DFI's opposition research for them?

Thanks for finding/posting that CARVEC link...VERY interesting stuff! I just watched one of their videos. Impressive!

Will
Old 01-05-2007, 07:00 PM
TheHindmost

I've just written CARVEC for a basic price list and more info...will share what I find out.

Will
Old 01-05-2007, 07:07 PM
vi360

All that is impressive but way beyond my budget and I need a safe small photo platform like the DF. Now if they can miniturize all that guidence system and stuff into a DF for under a thousand... mmm, right. I am just hoping to become as skilled a pilot as those on this forum. I get my Df up in the air for a few seconds then start losing control, freak, kill the throttle and crash it. Pathetic!
Old 01-05-2007, 07:28 PM
cre8web

I also have emailed carvec, very interesting, will also post results, it seems to be a solution for as they say "any rc heli" hmmm

Marty
Old 01-05-2007, 07:31 PM
TheHindmost

ORIGINAL: vi360

I get my Df up in the air for a few seconds then start losing control, freak, kill the throttle and crash it. Pathetic!
As far as I can tell, vi360, that's par for the course for a new DF pilot, especially if you have no previous RC experience! My first several flights went exactly the same way. No worries, with some practice, the DF becomes quite flyable! And with TI enabled, I'm finally starting to get pretty good. Without TI, I still suck. My last crash happened because I took off without TI by accident. Oops!

My kid got an electric helicopter for Christmas, an Evo-Flight Sabre...His came from Santa , but Santa didn't think to bring ME one. [] But they're only about $120 and I think I'll get myself one and use that to learn to fly a heli with no stabilization (all it has is a gyro for heading hold, and it's weak)...much cheaper than crashing my DF! (But much harder to fix...I just went through the process of replacing the rotor head after a crash. It wasn't fun.)

Will
Old 01-05-2007, 08:33 PM
laceycopter

ORIGINAL: Sky High

Lacey, don't forget that those helos cost a little bit more to fix when they break too.

cre8web, honestly, what would you pay for a helo that could do what you described?

Hhhhmmm...Thinkin a microdrone won't be cheap to fix either...
You guys just need to stop crashing...it's more fun and cheaper to just fly!!...
Happy Flyin,
Lacey
Old 01-05-2007, 08:38 PM
TheHindmost

ORIGINAL: laceycopter

You guys just need to stop crashing...it's more fun and cheaper to just fly!!...
But we get such nice videos when we crash!

Lacey, a serious question: How long did it take you to get really good with a normal helicopter? Also, how high can you take a normal helicopter before you can't see it well enough to fly it well?

I think for folks who are mostly into AP and not necessarily into the 'copters themselves, these stabilization systems (be they TI or the CARVEC sytem or whatever else is available) are going to be key, both for accelerating the learning curve and also for very high altitude flight. I'd be curious as to your opinion on that...

Will

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.