RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Multi Rotor Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/multi-rotor-helicopters-487/)
-   -   Rotor Concept Quad Copter HPQ-1 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/multi-rotor-helicopters-487/10778214-rotor-concept-quad-copter-hpq-1-a.html)

eghershey 05-16-2012 12:50 PM

RE: Rotor Concept Quad Copter HPQ-1

ORIGINAL: opjose

I guess ''Goodwill'' = ''Honor Warrantee when forced to''!!!

Sorry to hear you were treated so poorly.

I've yet to see any replies to my e-mails... not a good sign...

Call him at the 626-448-8888 mobile number. Thats the one that worked for me finally. The other number is useless because its voice mail box is always full and I only got some flunkie to answer it once and all he could do is take a message.....a message that won't ever get addressed. You have to threaten and be prepared to follow through with a threat to put a hold on your credit card transaction to get Patricks attention.

quarterscalelegends 05-16-2012 02:37 PM

I am a victim of this scam too. I purchased a unit at RCX long beach on 04/29/12 brought it home and charged it. Plugged it in and one motor is fried. I took a video of this and emailed them 8 times and called 15 times before i got a hold of someone. That was on 05/04/12. They said i would have a new motor by monday since i am in california. Today is 05/16 and i still have not recieved my replacement motor. I have also sent them 12 more emails and called over 20 more times with no answers or return calls. Unfortunately i purchased this with all the bells and whistles at nearly $500. Guess I should have bought one of those cheap chinees helis with built in camera for $100...

Moral of story. DO NOT BUY from these people they are crooks and will steal your money, there is NO parts support. I have reported them to my credit card, hopefully i can get any portion back so i can throw this thing away and move on.

dont buy from http://rotorconcept.com/contact.asp

Phone number 626-448-8888

email [email protected]

IANFX 05-24-2012 11:52 AM

I'm new to the forum, and actually signed up to post my (awfull) experience with Rotor Concepts.

Specifics:
Purchased a unit in 2012 at a restaurant trade show becuase it looked cool (my interest in RC is with my HPI Baja5SC (converted to electric with Castle conversion kit and maxxamp lipos...)

Unit arrived within two weeks and never flew, not even once. I believe the remote was not set-up properly (among other issues). They never once answered the phone or replied to any emails (including where I said I had initated a chargeback).

Paid with a Visa, but, and this is important, it was a "enter your PIN" transaction. When you enter your PIN for a Visa Check card, you lose all the Visa protections, it's like you wired them the cash. I fought with my bank for three months and was not able to get the amount hcarged back to the merchant (although I got a temp credit, and he was effecienct in submitting copies of the sale receipt, but never replied to me).

Wasted $349

Check out the LA better business burea, he has an "F" rating.

NEVER PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY, IT IS A SCAM!! F*** rotor concepts!!!

quarterscalelegends 05-24-2012 11:55 AM

i have reported them to RCX and the BBB. Nothing else to do i guess but to spread the word so they cant scam any other people.

quarterscalelegends 05-24-2012 12:12 PM

Be sure to post on their youtube videos too, so any potential customers can see that before buying. I have never dealt with bigger scumbags in my life. Honestly they should be arrested for fraud. I can understand problems, but lying and not replying to emails or calling back after multiple messages in un acceptable.

I have even started contacting distributors of their product on ebay and the net letting them know the problems. Unfortunately most of them just bought a stock order of stuff from them and have never dealt with them, so they dont know... YET.

eghershey 05-24-2012 12:22 PM

I also tried to dispute the credit card charge and was told that because of the way he presented his product and the fact that I did indeed receive the product I couldn't dispute the charge.
I also contacted the BBB and have a complaint in the works with them. i expect nothing from that and yes he indeed does have a F rating.
I just actually had contact with him again yesterday and I asked about the replacement part he was to send me a week prior. He started his fast talking mumbling and he did indeed did find something that indicated he was to send me a new ESC. He again said he would mail it that day....time will tell but I can't expect anything that history hasn't already indicated he is not going to do anything.

quarterscalelegends 05-29-2012 01:17 PM

Still NO contact with rotorconcepts. I guess they love bad feedback. Now that i am researching them on the net. It appears that MANY have had these type of problems with them. I just watched a video of one bursting into flames!!!

I broke down and purchased a replacement motor from gofast hobby. So far they have been emailing me status updates. Hopefully i can get the part so i can crash this thing into this guys face the next time i see him.

eghershey 05-29-2012 08:42 PM

Well its been another week since I was promised again to send me the new ESC. Of course emails and phone calls still do no good. This guy is a crook. Plain and simple, a crook.

opjose 05-30-2012 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: quarterscalelegends

I broke down and purchased a replacement motor from gofast hobby. So far they have been emailing me status updates. Hopefully i can get the part so i can crash this thing into this guys face the next time i see him.

After seeing your post, I ordered parts from Go Fast...

Could you post when you receive your items?

Thanks.

eghershey 05-30-2012 01:53 PM

Like I said above, another week goes by and no replacement parts. I just got through to Patrick and his excuse this time was the guy in the warehouse forgot to send it. I pleaded with him, this make three times you promised to send me the replacement part and still hasn't been shipped. Somebody needs to find a way to stop this guy from selling a product, probably a good product, without any followup service. He is a crook....A CROOK.

randall1959 05-30-2012 02:17 PM

Have you guys filed charges with the attorney general of the state this guy lives in? How about filing charges with the Federal Trade Commission? You bring the feds down on him and you'll get answers in a hurry.

opjose 06-01-2012 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: quarterscalelegends

Go Fast e-mailed me that my parts shipped. At least they have been fairly responsive.

opjose 06-02-2012 03:56 PM

And today my stuff arrived!

Good response, good turnaround, great status e-mails from Go Fast.

A BIG thumbs up from me!

Thanks for mentioning them!

eghershey 06-04-2012 04:17 PM

Well, ya just won't believe this. After countless unanswered emails and three actual contacts by phone with Patrick Le, each time promising to send me a replacement speed control, a new speed control arrived in the mail today. It only took a month to get the replacement :(
My last contact with him was to threaten again to dispute the charge on the credit card. I actually did and that is ongoing, I'll have to address that tomorrow and approve the charge.
I stand by my previous statements, this guy is a flim-flam artist. Sell a bunch of copters at any event that remotely has anything to do with flying and forget about after the sale service. I would suggest that anyone in the market for the copter to go with Gorilla Bob. He's reputable, I've dealt with him before and give him a AAA rating.
The rest of the story? Well the copter now does indeed fly. It hovers nicely and reacts to my input, perhaps a bit too easily. But I'm getting the hang of it. I was able to trim my Spektrum DX7S to it with ease mostly by directions on the forum.

opjose 06-04-2012 07:23 PM

Ironically I received my missing light kit from Rotorconcepts today too.

CrocEnd 01-05-2013 05:19 AM

Ironically sounds like HK

Veritech 05-13-2013 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: CrocEnd

Ironically sounds like HK

Patrick Lee is much worse then HK, at least they "usually" ship what you order and at least try to tell you something is out of stock when you order.

I wish I found this thread before this guy stole my money at the Toledo show this year.

I paid for one of his quad's at the Toledo show on April 7th of this year and it has yet to arrive. I was going to pay with my visa card (so I could file a claim if he doesn't ship it) but he told me there would be a 15% fee charged unless I paid cash (my first mistake). So I asked him directly if he had these in stock and when would it ship and he replied that he had plenty in stock and that it would ship the following Monday, April 8th (my second mistake for believing this liar).

So after many unanswered emails and several phone calls later Patrick finally answered the phone and I asked for an update. He came up with some crap story that this was not his fault and that the parts were stuck in customers but my quad would ship next week. Keeping in mind that 1. I didn't even provide him with details of my order when he offered this excuse and 2. he committed to me that he had stock in April when I ordered and would ship it out the next day.

Now I am out $300 in cash and I suspect I will never see this quad.

What I scam this guy is, he is someone NOT to be trusted.

-Randy DesRosiers

eghershey1 05-15-2013 09:30 AM

Please take this advice and save yourself a lot of grief. 
Protest the charge because of non-delivery to your credit Card.  Just forget about Patrick Lee and everything he stands for.  He is an insult to the RC community of honest vendors.  He's a crook.  Plain and simple. 
Do a bit more google work and find another quad to get started with.  There are plenty that are really much better, reliable quads.  I know, I have Lees and its a nice copter but fragile.  The solder joints are all cold joints and to gain reliability, you have to resolder every solder joint. 
You can order the same copter from other honest dealers if your really set on that one. 
I have moved on and only fly my P Lees copter now and then.  My copter of choice now is the DJI Flame quad.  Individual motors and individual esc's and you can start with the basic copter and add to it the GPS and NAZA control module as you gain experience.  There are others.   Just save yourself a lot of grief and cancel that order and go to a reliable dealer. 

Veritech 05-15-2013 11:09 AM

Unfortunately I paid cash for it so I am pretty much screwed. That was my fault for trusting the rat ******* after he swore to me he had them in stock. It has been 6+ weeks since he scammed me out of $300 and I am sure I will never see my money or quad ever again.

All I am left with is my eFlight MQX, still a fun machine but no payload capability :(

Lesson learned for me; don't trust vendors at trade shows that promise to ship product.

-Randy DesRosiers

eghershey1 05-15-2013 11:40 AM

Actually people like Patrick Lee give vendors a very bad name. I've attended the LAExpo and the AMA show at Ontario several times and have never, NEVER had a problem with any of the vendors I made purchases from other than Patrick Lee. Heres one more tip that might get you some satisfaction.....contact the management of the show and expain your situation very precise and professional. No calling him what he is:) just explain your position and the feedback you have received from the forum. Explain to them that you know you can't hold the show liable for Patricks actions but enlist their help in getting satisfaction.
I contacted both AMA and the LA EXPo and reported my problems with Patrick and they were pretty simpathetic to my position. AMAs position was pretty positive in that if it had been their show that I made my purchase they could follow up on it but since it as purchased at the LAExPO they didn't want to get involved.
Costs nothing, give it a try. I also reported him to the Better Business Bureau and they did give me some positive response.

Eagle ex 04-30-2014 09:10 AM

Patric lee quad copter scam... I also was taken by this scam artist for $700

There should be

Originally Posted by eghershey1 (Post 11512443)
Actually people like Patrick Lee give vendors a very bad name. I've attended the LAExpo and the AMA show at Ontario several times and have never, NEVER had a problem with any of the vendors I made purchases from other than Patrick Lee. Heres one more tip that might get you some satisfaction.....contact the management of the show and expain your situation very precise and professional. No calling him what he is:) just explain your position and the feedback you have received from the forum. Explain to them that you know you can't hold the show liable for Patricks actions but enlist their help in getting satisfaction.
I contacted both AMA and the LA EXPo and reported my problems with Patrick and they were pretty simpathetic to my position. AMAs position was pretty positive in that if it had been their show that I made my purchase they could follow up on it but since it as purchased at the LAExPO they didn't want to get involved.
Costs nothing, give it a try. I also reported him to the Better Business Bureau and they did give me some positive response.