RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Multi Rotor Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/multi-rotor-helicopters-487/)
-   -   Rabbit Multirotor Control Board. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/multi-rotor-helicopters-487/11080805-rabbit-multirotor-control-board.html)

randall1959 05-28-2012 03:18 PM

RE: Rabbit Multirotor Control Board.

Beware you guys in the other "nasty" website. As you well know or at least most of you do, I had made a new profile and even though I didn't get into an arguement with anyone or have any troubles of any kind, I did let my feelings known as to some of the policies on that site and got kicked off yet again. There is no room for open, honest discussion there and you won't ever be seeing me there again. I said it there and I will say it here and that is the fact that the other website is ran by a clique and a bunch of "rich" guys and will never be anything but a place where ideas are stolen and if you disagree you will be booted.

cmpang 05-28-2012 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: randall1959

.....ran by a clique and a bunch of "rich" guys ......

I'd say ran by a bunch of business guys who are selling their products... and if you ever say something good to other brands that is conflicting their profit, then you will be booted....

I must admitted that it is not the whole site, but that particular forum that sucks...

cmPang

randall1959 05-28-2012 06:37 PM

The fact that they keep your threads (mine have hits in the 10s of thousands) after they boot you says all I need to know. I've even asked them to allow me to at least lock my threads but they won't even answer the emails. To me this is unethical at best. It's not a site for hobbyists. It is actually FOR sellers. It will be their loss someday. Although their post counts keep going up, multirotor is losing people.
There is no written rule saying that once your account is closed that you can not start another. But that's not true. There are people in that forum that devote their whole time to searching out people to get banned. I really wish everyone there would wake up.

cmpang 05-29-2012 05:26 AM

the new firmware version 1.210 is now available... but I don't know how can I upload it here....

cmPang

apejovic 05-29-2012 05:31 AM

Thanks Mr. Pang. That´s great news, do you know, apart of the abbility to create custom mixers, if the team has changed other features?

ORIGINAL: cmpang

the new firmware version 1.210 is now available... but I don't know how can I upload it here....

cmPang

nebstress 05-29-2012 05:34 AM

There is a file in the .zip called "Whats new in V1.210" that explains whats changed/new.

""
"There is a new function: IRRET_SHAPE AIRCRAFT

What’s New in V1. 210 ?
1) IRRET_SHAPE axis mode (new function in FW && PCtools (V1.210)
This function is designed for DIY.
⑴Please select the “Mulit axil Mode”for the 16.IRRET_SHAPE,then the button “Edit…” will be enabled to click.and you click it then you can enter a diaglog box to setup the parameter.

⑵As the following picture,you can input the coordinate of the motor and save it to Rabbit.

⑶All the value input by you must measured by yourself according to the IRRET_SHAPE FRAME.

2)PositionHold delayed 2 second later
That is means:if you want hold the aircraft at a position,you must fly it to the area where you want hold in,and make it fly gentley.
3)Correct a bug in Height Lock"

apejovic 05-29-2012 06:03 AM

Thanks nebstress, I will download it and try it ASAP.

randall1959 05-29-2012 09:02 AM

I'm sticking with the original firmware on post #376 in the "nasty website" forum. If I'm getting results like this I see no reason to change anything.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzIVfQjYbiA[/youtube]

Soupbones 05-29-2012 11:31 AM

Am I missing something? Is there an official site for downloading the firmware? Or do you haveto go chasing for it on other forums, like the Nasty one as Randall calls it?

randall1959 05-29-2012 02:20 PM

I think it can be posted here. If you look at your reply box there's a section that says "Click here to upload images and files"

Soupbones 05-30-2012 11:58 PM

That's OK, I found where I can get the firmware.
I finally had some time today to go out and give my quad a test after last weeks very successful maiden flights. Today I went tou to try the baro' and sonar using height hold. Today ended in a bad day. Firstly, for some unknown reason, the board would not go into breathing mode after initializing at all. I have no idea why. Friend suggested I disconnect the GPS, which was plugged in but not activated. I did this but no luck. So I had my laptop with me and flashed the new firmware into the board with no issues. I unchecked the baro' and sonar again, and all worked fine. The quad flew great again!.
So I enabled the sonar and baro again, and away she went. Height hold worked average under the new firmware if you ask me. Down low where the sonar could pick up the ground it worked a lot better, but moving the throttle to over ride it made the throttle seem sluggish. Turning height thold off returned it back to normal. It was like the height hold fought the throttle changes I made to with the TX to a degree. I decided to go more agressive to test this again, and this time I flew the quad faster away from me with height hold on, and it just decided to drop altitude and crash arm first into the ground. This made one of the motor omunts at the ends of the flamewheel frame snap and broke the wires going into the motor.
I didn't even get to run one battery flat today. ;( I have had much bigger crashes on this frame and its held up, but it didn't take a direct full speed hit into the ground very well. Embarassing too when you have people watching.
Could this have been because I flashed the new firmware with the sensors all plugged in? It is very strange how it just dropped like that when height hold was still enabled. I thought any throttle adjustments would have disabled height hold until you don't mobe the stick for 2 seconds?

Looks like I can't do much till I get replacement parts now.

nebstress 05-31-2012 01:21 AM

I'm sorry to hear that Soupbones:(.
Did you have a thick piece of foam over the Baro? Even with foam the Rabbit on my Flame wheel still doesn't like the down wash & will occasionally bounce up & down (drop & gain altitude) but I don't fly with Height Hold on, it only takes a few seconds for it to activate.
 I definitely don't advise flashing FW without removing EVERYTHING attached to the Rabbit & even then its best to go back & double check your settings before going flying. When flashing FW with everything attached there is an issue where the settings can change themselves even mid flight, I have witnessed this first hand.

Did you re-calibrate Horizontal & Compass after FW update?

Sometimes when the Rabbit wont go into breathing mode you can force it to by moving the aileron full right, it should beep & within a few seconds go into Breathing mode.

Soupbones 05-31-2012 01:33 AM

Hi nebstress.

No, no foam, I was just going ot give it a rough test. If it went up and down a few meters that would have been acceptable, but at altitude it went up and up and up till I took over and dropped the throttle.
I probably wouldn't have flashed the new firmware that way, but I was out in the field, and I couldn't seem to get the board to arm for some reason. I flashed the new firmware and reset the settings back to where I had them form stock. I didn't calibrate the horizontal, as it seemed to work fine anyway. The ACC worked fine and autp levelled just fine.
If the settings can change if you flash with everythign attached then this could well have been what caused the crash.

Re the breathing mode, I tried to force it into breathing mode but this didn't work. This was on the previous firmware by the way. I had done nothing to the board but enabled the baro and sonar before heading out. All wiring and connections were exactly the same as to when I flew it on Sunday. Had me stumped as to why it didn;t want to work, so in frustration I flashed it in the back of the car with the laptop, which had the new firmware on it.

Anyway I have a new arm on the way. I may disconnect everything and reflash it again. I have about 5 days to wait for the new arm to arrive, so i'll get it done before then.<br type="_moz" />

nebstress 05-31-2012 01:54 AM

I would definitely suggest putting foam over the baro but as I said even then on my Flame wheel it still bounces (like a Bunny), I am going to try an even thicker foam but I think it might be down to the boards position being lower down in the frame.
 Some people get away with flashing it while everything is attached but I have seen the settings change themselves after doing it that way far to often, maybe 80% of the time! It can happen straight away or not for days but it happens[:@].

I have had occasions were it wont go into breathing mode but you just power down recheck everthing (I'm terribly forgetful) &amp; power back up again &amp; it will usually be OK.

I hope the 5 days goes by quickly for you;)

randall1959 05-31-2012 08:57 AM

There REALLY needs to be some way to increase the volume on the alarm connection. I broke my buzzer and can not for the life of me find one that I can even hear.

Soupbones 05-31-2012 01:25 PM

Hi guys.<div> I had powered it down a number of times yesterday, but the only way i got it to work was to reflash. Oh well. Anyway, I tried regluing the arm yesterday, and this morning i got up and it seems to have glued fine. Hopefully enough to fly until the new arm comes. I just have to add on a new motor and it will be away again. Going to reflash the new firmware again after disconnection everything and start from scratch.</div>

747pilot 06-01-2012 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: randall1959

There REALLY needs to be some way to increase the volume on the alarm connection. I broke my buzzer and can not for the life of me find one that I can even hear.
Putting this out there. Let me know if this is plausible.

This alarm sensor senses a certain voltage at a preset level of the Lipo and this sets off an audible alarm.
So would it be possible to replace the buzzer with some LED's that operated on the same voltage as the
buzzer?

I would think the benefits with a visual cue of low battery voltage would far outweigh an audible one.
ie. High altitude or far away, where you would not hear the buzzer even if it was working properly.

Or have both installed using a Y connector. One would be a backup to the other.

Plausible?

randall1959 06-01-2012 03:22 AM

I would say it's plausible but my quad is so quiet that I prefer the buzzer. In the daylight an led isn't always so easy to see.

nebstress 06-01-2012 03:29 AM

I don't know if this would be any good?
Its at GLB: www.goodluckbuy.com/lotusrc-t580p-fc-buzzer-for-t580p-quadcopter-aircraft-.html

Jerry Campbell 06-01-2012 08:45 AM

Well I sent the order off to Love Flight for a Rabbit to ride on my soon to arrive RM450 V2 quad trainer. I'm starting to get excited.
Thanks for being here
Jerry

randall1959 06-01-2012 01:20 PM

Jerry, glad to have you aboard :D Look me up on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/randall1959?feature=mhee
I have a bunch of rabbit tutorial videos and we're all here to help with the things you don't understand. Once you get the Rabbit dialed in it's a joy to fly :D

randall1959 06-01-2012 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: nebstress

I don't know if this would be any good?
Its at GLB: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/lotusrc-t...aircraft-.html

I'm wondering that as well but I don't know. I bought a small piezo at Ratshack the other day and it works but it's so weak it's hard to hear. And I hate the normal lipo alarms as they start beeping too quickly. I've got a couple of 5v ones coming so I'll wait to see if those work. I was told they have to be 5 volt and not "5 to 12" volt buzzers.

Jerry Campbell 06-01-2012 01:44 PM

Thanks Randall,
I've been watching for about a year and studing for a couple of months to figure out what to do. I'm sure I'll go thru it all again when I have the hardware sitting in front of me. This will be my first multirotor. I learned to fly first on the simulator and then on a 450 heli. I also have a Bixler with a camera and osd with gps. I think a Quad or Hex is the answer to my flying needs. Which is to go places I can't go and see things I can't see.
Jerry

randall1959 06-01-2012 03:53 PM

Just be aware that most fpv systems won't go very far through trees or walls. Microwaves need open areas to work best. I tried fpv with my quad and found it very disorienting. It's hard to tell whether you're going backwards or climbing.

Jerry Campbell 06-01-2012 05:08 PM

Yes, I understand the limitations, I have had a ham radio license since 1985 and am a computer consultant.
As far as orientation, we shall see. I'm hoping the use of a good osd will make it easier.
I will say that it's much easier with a plane with the constant movement than it is with a heli. But, what fun is that, when you can't stop and turn when you want. That was a beautiful video of your wifes garden.
I think the answer to long range photography at this time is waypoints and not fpv. I just love the whole flying thing. It's the right combination of the physical and the intellect.
Jerry