Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 58 ignition

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:56 AM
flyingjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 58 ignition

I have a MVVS 58 Pro sport brought from a club mate brand new never been run ,but quite old it has the old type Vlach ignition box the little blue one.
Fitted it to a model and been flying well ,but unfortunately it would not start today and following all the usual checks it seems the ignition unit as packed up
MVVS site is showing a Vlach 3312l unit will this be the right one for a Pro sport .
Old 06-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Duncan James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MVVS will answer questions very quickly if you contact them. Sending them an engine is very time consuming and fairly expensive. Chief aircraft will only service MVVS engines that they have sold. If you ever dismantle the engine to replace seals and bearings be advised the machine screw that secures the rod to the crank is a left hand thread. This machine screw requires a special socket. It took me two nights to machine one. Duncan James