Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 2.15 carb question

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 09:16 PM
PepsiMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 2.15 carb question

I just got my MVVS 2.15 gasser today and was wondering about the spring tension on the throttle arm.

Won't this need a high torque servo to operate? Could I remove the spring without creating some other problem?

I am concerned that the amount of current drain caused from a servo operating the throttle will drain the battery.

This is my first gas motor, so I've got nothing to go on.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:22 PM
higheronnitro

Default RE: MVVS 2.15 carb question

Hi Pepsimike
I have an article from the english mag RC Model world that mentions that the spring should not be removed as it will cause the butterfly to wear against the carb throat. I could fax you the info if you would like. I am in the same boat and would like to know if there is an alternative to a herby throttle servo..
Old 09-12-2004, 02:16 AM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

It has been noted that the spring is the Walbro carburettor is really redundant, for R/C engine use.
This, since all R/C engines are controlled by a servo which positively sets the throttle position.

There were articles in model magazines, about its removal.

No spring is needed to close the throttle, once the servo lets go. Or your foot, or finger, for that matter.
The throttle stick on your transmitter doesn't spring back to idle, does it?...

Please go to the [link=http://www.walbro.com/]Walbro web site[/link], to see about this spring.

The throttle servo's current drain will definitely be higher with the spring.
It could drain the flight-pack battery, or fail outright.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:39 PM
PepsiMike

Thanks,

In talking with club members at my local field, they also recommended to remove the spring.

Mike.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:46 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
In stead of removing the spring ...just cut off that part of the spring that grabs the throttle arm.
That way you have the inner part of the spring left that works as a "spacer" preventing the butterfly valve from touching the inner walls of the air-intake.

Regards!
Jan K
MVVS Sweden
Old 10-11-2004, 11:36 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

I just moved my spring back on the throttle arm, now my spring only has a very little tension on the arm.

Jim