Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS/Evolution 26 in 73" QQ Yak

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 06:20 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default MVVS/Evolution 26 in 73" QQ Yak

Pe or Dar

Quique Simozini has used a Evolution 26 in his 73" Yak with a standard muffler (wrap around) he says in the text that the power was not sufficient for good climb out from the prop hang, how much more power would this engine develop with the MVVS pipe system on it? perhaps slung underneath the fus between the UC legs,

Vidio of the combination: http://www.somenzini.com/downloads/videos/evo73_hi.wmv

Mike
Old 07-15-2007, 04:32 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MVVS/Evolution 26 in 73" QQ Yak

I do not know all the details, but he would get at least 1000 rpm extra.
Suppose original 8200 rpm on 18x6 prop
with tuned pipe, at least 9200 rpm, which would provide an additional 4Lbs!!! of static thrust.
Shomenzi chose about the worst setup for 3D on that little gasser. 26cc is about the low limit for gas engine powered plane in 3D flight. With the right setup the MVVS is capable of quite convincing verticals, if the plane AUW can be kept below 11lbs, and if the engine is not choked by restricting mufflers.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:22 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Pe that is what I suspected looking at the installation, hence the question, I think it would not be to difficult to sling a cannister underneath between the UC legs.

Mike

The MVVS Forum is still not identifying new posts, could the Moderator look into this?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:11 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Barry (BLW) just sent me this notice, which seems to work out well. At least now I can see the yellow coloured new posts:
"
Pe,

Me again. Nathan, one of the administrators who handle these problems, suggested that you delete all of your subscriptions in the MVVS Support forum, and save those changes. Then, resubscribe and save again. He said that this sometimes happens and this may be the fix.

Barry
"