Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 28 ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
WMB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 28 ??

Hi, I posted a question in the glow forum and was sent over her for more info. I have a 10 Shrike that needs a boost in performance. Currently running magnum 15. Flies good, flares good for landing, just too slow. It was suggested I pick up a 28 rear exhaust, but I know nothing about it and can't find much on the web. Anyhow, where can I get one, one much do they weigh with muffler/pipe, what muffler/pipe to use, what rpm with what prop (9x6, 8x?), is the pipe a maintanance nightmare, how much deniro, does the rear ex interfere with fuel tank setup, and physical dimensions. I plan to move the firewall rearward and have the prop moved back in relation to original. This plane is difficult to balance and I don't want to end up nose heavy and plowing in for a landing every time.
Thanks for the help, MikeB
Old 08-19-2007, 04:23 AM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MVVS 28 ??

Mike,

The MVVS .28 can be set up in rear-exhaust configuration and would spin an 8.5x6 (Bolly Clubman), or a 9x5 prop at very nice RPM.

For even more speed you can go to an 8x6 from APC, Graupner, or even the MA Scimitar.

You can contact any of the official answer guys here, if you want an offer (David Moen, PĂ© Reivers, or myself).