Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

Evolution/MVVS 26gx

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 09:10 AM
ggroyal1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution/MVVS 26gx

I receieved my new Evolution/MVVS 26gx engine today. It did not come with breakin oil(my45gx2 came with break-in oil), can I use Amsoil 100:1 golden sabre at the 30:1 mix for break-in. Mobil 1 quit making 2T racing synthic oil. Does the slanted spark plug add anything to the performance? The engine is going into the H9 Sundowner and I plan to use the tuned pipe that goes with this engine. Is this engine different on break-in because of the piston and cylinder material? In the past I used Penziol air cooled 2 cycle at a 32:1 mix for the first 2 to 3 gallons and then switched to Amsoil 100:1 mix. This engine looks well made and if it is as good as my 45gx2 it will be a great engine.

Thanks,

George G. Royal
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18230.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1087556  
Old 12-11-2008, 09:57 AM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Evolution/MVVS 26gx

George,

The header that is used with this engine is the [link=http://mvvs.cz/obrMVVS/prislusenstvi/3265.jpg]MVVS #3265[/link] and the muffled cone-and-disk tuned-pipe is the [link=http://mvvs.cz/obrMVVS/prislusenstvi/3266.jpg]MVVS #3266[/link].

Regarding the oil, MVVS do supply break-in oil with the larger gas engines (45 cc and up), but it is up to you with the smaller ones.

I would adhere to what head engineer Josef Å*vajda determined as the right mix and I would not use 100:1 oils at this percentage.
Use two-stroke oil at 30:1 for break-in and 40:1 afterward.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:33 PM
pe reivers

ORIGINAL: ggroyal1

I receieved my new Evolution/MVVS 26gx engine today. It did not come with breakin oil(my45gx2 came with break-in oil), can I use Amsoil 100:1 golden sabre at the 30:1 mix for break-in. Mobil 1 quit making 2T racing synthic oil. Does the slanted spark plug add anything to the performance? The engine is going into the H9 Sundowner and I plan to use the tuned pipe that goes with this engine. Is this engine different on break-in because of the piston and cylinder material? In the past I used Penziol air cooled 2 cycle at a 32:1 mix for the first 2 to 3 gallons and then switched to Amsoil 100:1 mix. This engine looks well made and if it is as good as my 45gx2 it will be a great engine.

Thanks,

George G. Royal
In the new design engine, you can use the pennzoil and stick with it at a ratio of 3% oil.
If you plan to use the 100:1 Amsoil, (not recommended) mix it at 2% (1:50) This oil has a mix range of 1% -2%. Any less than 2% oil, and these small engines will be starving for oil.
BTW,
Mobil 1 is still available. I have it in stock.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:28 PM
ggroyal1

Thanks Dar and Pe,
Is the break-in oil that comes with the larger Evolution/MVVS engines Mobil 1 Racing 2T? It looks the same to me. You guys are very helphful and provide a lot of good info. With the internet, it seems like I really know you, and I am really talking to you. Have you two ever met in person? Keep up the good work.

George G. Royal
Old 12-13-2008, 08:05 AM
pe reivers

Yes it is Mobil1-2T racing, and MVVS has ample supplies to serve their customers welll.

PS:
No, Dar and I never met in person whenever he decides to go to the Nürnberg toy fair we might.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:31 AM
stev_1

do not use the wrap around muffler they sell for it. If using a tri gear plane the chamber is to big and won't fit, also the exhaust pipes pointing dwn are not centered on the engine and one of them hit the gear. I wrote/called them about it when the engine first came out and they have not fixed it and they do not respond back. I ended up using a jtech muffler