Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 58 Limited Edition

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:56 AM
ggroyal1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 58 Limited Edition

I just saw this engine on the MVVS website. This has to be the best 58cc gas engine available and the best looking. Does anyone have one of these? I would like to see a video of it running. I have Evolution and MVVS (26-58cc)engines and they all have performed great. I used the break-in procedure and the synthetic oil recommended in the manual. I don't know what plane I would put it in at this time, but whatever it is I think it will have this engine. I have a 30%(or 72 inch length) size limit because of transporting the planes to the field.

Here is the website: http://www.mvvs.nl/

George G. Royal
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54648.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1264108  
Old 08-27-2009, 10:26 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MVVS 58 Limited Edition

That is my website BTW, and I have them in stock

The engine is a pimped prosport. Technically identical in everery aspect. 200 have been produced by MVVS (Czech republic) as a special batch. Numbers are assigned when delivered to customers, who also can ask for a specific number (if still available)
Old 08-27-2009, 10:40 PM
octanehuffer

I thought painted engines retained heat.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:47 PM
ggroyal1

I really like the newer MVVS and Evolutions engines that use CM6 spark plugs. I have not had any trouble so far. I use Mobil 1 Motorcycle Racing 2T synthetic oil for now. I will have to switch to something else when I can't find it, but that will be a while. The engines I have run between 160-180F and I check the temp often. Maybe it is a special paint that dissipates heat. I just think it is a cool looking engine. Some painted engines look better than others. I have a MVVS 26 (red) and a Evolution 26(blue) with painted (anodized) heads. Maybe someone will take some temperature readings and post them.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:39 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: octanehuffer

I thought painted engines retained heat.
In the old days I used cylinder black to dissipate (radiate) heat better, and keep the cast iron cylinders looking neat. Indeed, paint will lower the surface temperature somewhat and thus reduce heat flow.
MVVS engines have no paint whatsoever, and use anodizing (A chemical aluminum oxide conversion) to achieve the colors they want.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:00 PM
octanehuffer

Cool. I did not know that black was a color that could be anodized. Learned something new.