Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 35IFC with MSR Ignition

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:35 PM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MVVS 35IFC with MSR Ignition

I'm working on installing 2 MVVS 35cc gassers on my second Bronco. I would like to wrap the MSR ignition and the Lithium Ion battery pack in foam and secure in the front of the nacelle. Is there any heat issue with wrapping the ignition system in this manner?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:08 PM
pe reivers

Default RE: MVVS 35IFC with MSR Ignition

I have also used these ignitions wrapped in foam. I did not notice any anomalities. It is hard to tell though if I may have reduced ignition unit life by doing so.
The current draw is low enough to assume a very moderate heating of the EI by lack of cooling airflow..
You also could wrap the EI in silicone tubing rings. That would isolate the vibrations, and allow air to circulate around the unit.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:33 PM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Pe,

Thanks for your reply. Replacing these ignitions is pretty costly, but replacing the airplane if an ignition fails in flight is much worse. I may try your tubing isolators. Sounds like it could work in my application.

Just for the record, we are still flying these great engines after over 4 years. We couldn't be happier with the performance and endurance.

Gaines
Old 06-10-2010, 10:48 AM
pe reivers

Thanks Gaines,
The MSR ignitions carry a three year warranty.