Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Nitroplanes stock; sad state of affairs...

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Nitroplanes stock; sad state of affairs...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 09:34 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nitroplanes stock; sad state of affairs...

Here is a "copy and paste" of a "reply" I just did to Nitroplanes Umpteenth e-mail to me bragging about their new electric airplane stock:

Hello,
I have to say that it is actually painful to see how you have abandoned the gas and glow "people" and gone to only caring about your electric airplane stock. Electric airplanes are fine for some, and I even own three myself, but the majority of the every day fliers, and most of the professionals, fly glow and/or gas airplanes.

I have hopefully waited for you to replenish your stock of gas and/or glow airplanes. It appears that after 2 years, you are not going to do so. Please remove me from your mailing list.

Sincerely,
Robert

Maybe if enough of us complain, the magazines and suppliers will get off this 80%+ coverage and stocking of only electric airplanes.

AV8TOR
Old 10-06-2010, 03:23 PM
hfb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitroplanes stock; sad state of affairs...

I, for a vote of one, prefer and buy only Electric powered Aircraft. I tried adapting airplanes intended for fuel to Electric with only limited sucess.
Harold
Old 10-07-2010, 03:22 PM
dditch

I think they are still keeping with the Nitros,but the market for small and mid sized electrics is growing so they are keeping up.
They have some 50cc gas kits still.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/50cc.html
Old 10-07-2010, 04:05 PM
boatdoc5253

I'm on the line here.... leaning to the darkside[8D] I just dont buy nitro suff from them any more.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They still stock and sell planes that are designed for glow engines. And you can convert an electric to glow if you so desire. Here is a forum to help you out:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_510/tt.htm
Old 10-12-2010, 07:18 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I sure wish Nitro Planes would just come out and say what airplanes they will not have in any more. It is kinda rotten to let us think we will get a chance to buy a plane...but non will be in ever be in maybe.

It looks like they are selling other goodies....not Airplanes....they should change there names to Nitro odds & ends. It makes me sick..... Capt,n
Old 10-12-2010, 10:41 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love fuel planes , dabble in eletric , the issue is not about "what we like " its about "waht sells " The trend is in turn key eletric flight warbirds and jets .
I bought a 55" P40 , love the plane flys great , considering moveing many of my large planes to eletric due the ease and performance of this plane
Old 10-16-2010, 09:52 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

You just need patience!I wanted the CL-415 which was out of stock too for Looong time but now back so I ordered one and put it away for future reference.HAve to wait and when they get some order then!!Yes do find it kind of frustrating but I understand they don't always have a lot of control over what they receive?I just try to have patience and bide my time eventually they seem to come back but can be a long time as with the CL-415.But they do have some awful neat planes!!