Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bobcat 52 engine thrust

Aircraft is assembled and straight...servos installed and all surfaces working properly......Fuel tank w/3 lines installed. What about engine right or left thrust? Should there be something? My engine has offset (crooked holes drilled by me). Measured to the nose of the aircraft this distance from prop tip is shorter on left than right. Make any sense?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Bobcat 52 engine thrust

Yes it makes sense but is not needed for this plane. How much of an offset is there?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ABout 3/16 of an inch...too much. So I'll have to elongate holes in the fuse to straighten the engine out to equial measurements. Manual says 10.3 " for the CG. I know there is controversey about that. I think I will need some nose weight.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

10.3 is where I have always had mine and others also like that measurement. I know the original nitroplanes manual had the wrong measurement in it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My CG is set at 10.3". Here's my dumb question.....Balanced with fuel in the tank or not? Normally a/c are balanced without fuel, but I'm on new ground here. My tank faces forward with 3 lines and long lines to the engine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There's some controversy about balancing also, some say full and some say empty. For the most part the tank is on the CG so it shouldn't matter but I say and do balance mine with what fuel I expect to be in the tank when landing which is 5 ounces, this gives me just under 5 minutes to make/miss a couple of approaches for landing. In my opinion with this plane you do not want to fly it till dead stick and do want to use a timer and stick to it.

Here's a 157 page thread about this plane http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_45..._1/key_/tm.htm