Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FMS P51 SPINNER & COWL PROBLEM

HI ALL I'm new to the planes and I order this from nitroplanes and i have this big gap in the front about 1/4th of an inch. I want to send it back to nitro planes but i already put it together. Other member pictures i have seen they are not like this. Will someone from nitroplanes help me out and send me a new one or let me know what to do. My order number is order yhst-17210252890263-151069 anyone from nitroplanes can call me at 216-315-5777 how come everyone else gets the perfect model and i get the hand me downs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ax72921.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	1518872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk30936.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	1518873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vb73700.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	1518874  
    YOUR\'S TRULY....YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD ALUMINUM CRUSHER!

RE: FMS P51 SPINNER & COWL PROBLEM

No big deal...

Unscrew the grub screw holding the prop shaft onto the motor shaft.

Then slide the prop shaft back further. If this is not possible, use a drill bit to clear a bit more material from the prop shaft.

The plane flies just fine as is, provided the shaft is locked down well.

BTW: I hope you will not attempt to fly this plane without first being instructed on a regular trainer.
    There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: FMS P51 SPINNER & COWL PROBLEM

ORIGINAL: opjose

No big deal...

Unscrew the grub screw holding the prop shaft onto the motor shaft.

Then slide the prop shaft back further. If this is not possible, use a drill bit to clear a bit more material from the prop shaft.

The plane flies just fine as is, provided the shaft is locked down well.

BTW: I hope you will not attempt to fly this plane without first being instructed on a regular trainer.
    Yeah i had about 12minutes on a trainer and after Crash1414... buddy let me fly his parkzone p51 I flew it better than the trainer. We are hook up to the buddy system with Dx6i radio's so every time it gets out of hand when i try to land crash1414 will take over. Sofar 3 rough landings but it gets better with time, I donot plain on flying those planes by my self just yet only with a trainer on the buddy system. I'll have my buddy take a look because i left the plane at his home but if i can remember it look like the shaft was a fixed one. Thanks
    YOUR\'S TRULY....YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD ALUMINUM CRUSHER!