Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hawk Sky Motor Upgrade

Have a Hawk Sky and am considering upgrading the motor to the Exceed R/C Alpha 400 offered by Nitroplanes in the spare parts for this plane. Will the new motor bolt directly to the pod type motor mount? Is the "Motor Gear - HAWK006", listed in the spare parts, a replacement motor mount (pod)?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hawk Sky Motor Upgrade

yes that part number is for the pod but do not lose your screws from your original pod,I do not think screws come with the spare to mount it but screws do come with it to put the two halves together

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FYI: I've found that metric computer screws fit most of these motors perfectly.

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks. Now I have to look for metric computer screws! If I've got it right, I can just bolt the upgrade Alpha Motor to the replacement, or original, motor pod if I save the screws. Or use additional metric computer screws (size?) if I want to retain both motors in their pods.