Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Nirtoplanes.com A10 from Guanli

Anybody know what all the ECS programming options are for the 25amp ESC in the: "Upgraded 4-CH A-10 Thunderbolt 2 RC w/ Dual Brushless Motor & ESC+ LiPo Battery 100% RTF (Camo Version 2)" from Nitro planes?

I just want to make sure all is right before first flight.

Thanks!

RE: Nirtoplanes.com A10 from Guanli

The programming options are pretty basic... e.g. Brake On-Off

Just make sure that you start the plane at least once ( while holding it! ) with the throttle all the way up, then bring it down and back up again to let the RX "Learn" the TX's throttle range.

If they motors are in sync ( producing about the same amount of power ) you will hear a bit of a warbling because of phaze interference in the sound coming from the EDF's.

If instead you hear over or under tones, like a harmony as one motor is slower than the other, then your ESC's are out of sync.

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

RE: Nirtoplanes.com A10 from Guanli

Thank you, I will do that. I've actually found that info in another post. I should probably explain why I want this info. I recently picked this A-10 up at a swap-meet and I was in the process of setting it up on my Futaba 9C. I didn't notice that I hadn't change the new plane in memory to acro from Heli, so I actualy started to set up the a-10 as a heli by mistake. I'm worried that I might have changed an ESC setting by mistake and I'd like to go through the options to double check them all. This isn't my first plane or electic model by a long shot, so I'm not stranger to programming the ESC from the transmitter. I also know that if you don't have the specific options for a given ESC, you could really casue the ESC and possbile yourself harm if you try to program one blindly. That's why I would really like to see what the programming options are for the guanli 25 ESC.

Thank you!
    Todd