Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Katana 50cc

Old 01-03-2011, 05:11 AM
Cliffmandude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Katana 50cc

It's been over 2 months and Nitro Planes will not respond to my emails or calls. I received my Katana 50cc with some damaged parts. I called them right away. The guy said to send pictures of the damaged parts. I did that 1 day later. That's the last I heard from them. Since then I've tried calling just be put on hold and then when it's my turn in the queue the line goes dead. Tried several emails with no response. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. My damaged part is the canopy. The cowl is a little damaged but I can live with that.

Cliff

Old 01-03-2011, 01:53 PM
ROBERT.S
My Feedback: (151)

Default RE: Katana 50cc

HEY CLIFFMANDUDE,GOOD LUCK.I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A REPLACEMENT CANOPY FOR MY MUSTANG SINCE LAST MAY.ITS A REAL GAMBLE DEALING WITH NITROPLANES. I REFUSE TO MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE WITH THEM UNTIL I GET THIS STRAIGHTENED OUT.THEY HAD NO PROBLEM TAKING MY MONEY-I JUST WANT AN UNDAMAGED MODEL AS ADVERTISED.ITS THEIR LOSS.I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY WITH THEM IN THE PAST &THEY LOSTOUT ON ALOT OF BUSINESS SINCE.THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER COMPANIES OUT THERE SUCH AS TOWER HOBBIES,ATLANTA HOBBIES OR GENERAL HOBBIES THAT WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO CORRECT ANY PROBLEMS & MAKE YOU HAPPY.WELL AGAIN,GOOD LUCK.I HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER LUCK THEN ME DEALING WITH THESE GUYS.ROBERT.S
Old 01-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Have you tried to PM John, (nitrostaff1) here on RCU?

He's always been pretty quick to get me help on any problems I've had. Heck I don't even call them anymore, PM John and it gets handled.

And yeah I understand the frustration, but don't take it out on John, he's trying to help.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:53 PM
outdoorhunting

Are you sure John is still around? Not seen his posts in quite a while. You'll hardly ever see more than 1 or 2 posts on a complaint & it disapears somehow. I guess the mods are nixing the Nitro problems !! I have 3 of their planes & never had a problem with them, but with the way it seems (no customer support & the complaints disapear before we get to see what happens just don't seem right. I don't think I'll buy from them .
Old 01-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Glacier Girl

You may be right, looks like his last post was in April.
Sorry to see him leave if he did.
Like I said he was great for me. Even went as far as having the factory, CMP, contact me on a simple decal sheet I needed that was due to a cowl replacement John had arraigned.
Hmm, I still have the email for the person I worked with on the decals at CMP, I can email her to see if they can do anything about the customer support issues.

Figure if they know their seller isn't handling complaints, their sales are going to suffer. Always gets their attention when you talk money.

I'll send her an email tonight and see what happens.
And see if I can track down John too.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Cliffmandude

The crazy thing is I got right through the first time I called. But after that forget it. Figured it was Christmas rush but now I'm not sure what to make of it.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Glacier Girl

just thought of something when you mentioned holiday. China New Year. They shut down for a couple of weeks in China, and a lot of the folks I ever spoke to at N/P are obviously Asian. Maybe they shut down over here too. NOPE, just checked that happens in Feb.

Why not just file a dispute if you paid by credit card or pay pal. That should get their attention.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Glacier Girl

Just an update, no replies from John, via PM or the email addys I had for him.
Also nothing from CMP as of yet.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:24 PM
outdoorhunting

I kinda thought John was not around anymore. With all the complaints, it probably wore him out ! Opjose was the mod in this area, but come to think of it, I've not seen any posts from him either.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:24 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CNY officially starts on 2-1-11 , not a day sooner
Old 01-06-2011, 05:38 AM
outdoorhunting

OK. I'm dumb, just what in the heck is CNY?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:40 AM
WildeOne
My Feedback: (1)

Chinese New Year, perhaps.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:21 AM
opjose

Cliffmandude

PM Andy or one of the other sales/support guys at rcdiscuss.com or go to their sales support forum.

They are VERY quick at getting back to people there.

I posted an inquiry about a small order problem and received a response and resolution within 2 minutes.

Your milage may vary.

Forget about calling them. RCdiscuss is the way to go.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

yes CNY is Chinese New Year