Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Glue for F4

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 03:33 PM
bjblasko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glue for F4

I just got the Airfield F4. It came with epoxy cement (2 tube variety) to glue the parts together. Is this the best choice? Appreciate any help - I'm new at Foam Airplanes!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glue for F4

The stuff that comes with the planes works, but it leaves an off colored glue residue that remains somewhat tacky when dried.

I don't use it.

I use foam safe CA for the areas not subject to large amounts of stress, and 30 min epoxy for the ones that are.
Quicker drying epoxies can heat up too much as they dry damaging the foam.

White glue is fantastic for repairs of cracks and crash damage.

Should your plane crash carefully place each piece into a separate plastic bag ( have a handful with you when you go to the field ).

AVOID loosing any of the beads.

Once you are home, apply glue to both sides of broken pieces and put them together.

Use something to hold the pieces in place for 24hours or more.... don't use tapes, etc. as this will damage the paint.
I often wrap the pieces in plastic and tape the plastic to hold the parts together w/o damaging the paint.

You'll find that the glue will disappear as will the joint if done properly. You will not be able to tell the part was ever broken.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat as needed!