NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

CMP Trainer 50 / AKA Cessna 182

Old 12-02-2011, 06:05 AM
KaP2011

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default CMP Trainer 50 / AKA Cessna 182

I'm assembling a new ARF that I picked up at Nitroplanes this week and I run into a problem. The stabilizer does not line up with the molded in part of the fuselage. I set the plane up so that the top of the wing sadle is level with 0 deg. of incedence and then checked the stabilizer and it also was at 0 deg. incedence.

I have 2 other CMP Cessna 182's to compare to and they both do not have this problem. The stabilizer on both of them line up perfectly with the molding on the fuselage. I did not check the incedence on either of these 2 planes.

As a side note, neither of these planes flew very well. Both ended up crashing. (Could be pilot error but I'm not pointing any fingers)

Any idea what the incedence should be?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57417.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1694089  
Old 12-04-2011, 02:33 PM
KaP2011

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: CMP Trainer 50 / AKA Cessna 182

I'm guessing since no one has answered this question that no one know's the answer.

I looked at the Top Flite Cessna 182 specs and they show 0 deg on the stab and +1/4 deg on the wing. Also the engine has 2 deg downthrust with 0 deg sidethrust which is the same as the CMP 182. So I believe I'm going to go with Top Flite's specs.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Forum support1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: KaP2011

I'm guessing since no one has answered this question that no one know's the answer.

I looked at the Top Flite Cessna 182 specs and they show 0 deg on the stab and +1/4 deg on the wing. Also the engine has 2 deg downthrust with 0 deg sidethrust which is the same as the CMP 182. So I believe I'm going to go with Top Flite's specs.

I'm sorry about that airplanes but this model still new so my company haven't carry any spare parts yet. Would you like me to send out a return shipping label for you. to send me back that airplanes for exchange.

Eric
Old 12-06-2011, 10:39 AM
KaP2011

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the offer to replace the plane but the problem is not that bad for someone who has built several kits. I have already worked out a solution. BTW, I really like the looks and finish of this kit. I have it about 95% complete and so far that was the only issue.

KaP2011  
Old 12-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Forum support1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: KaP2011

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the offer to replace the plane but the problem is not that bad for someone who has built several kits. I have already worked out a solution. BTW, I really like the looks and finish of this kit. Ihave itabout 95% complete and so far that was the only issue.

KaP2011
Hi

Wells if you are willing to keep the airplanes I'm happy. Please let me know when you make a other order from us. I will apply the free shipping for you. Because of this model airplanes.

Eric

Search this Thread