Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

CMP T-45 ETA Landing gear?

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

CMP T-45 ETA Landing gear?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:43 PM
mixxerx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMP T-45 ETA Landing gear?

Hi, when will you guys be carring those struts for the CMP T-45. Or maybe you guys won't have them at all like the F-4 [] I really love my new CMP T-45 BUT it really needs to have those struts. Please give me some info on these what are the ETA on them?

[email protected]

Danny
Old 11-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Herb H

Default RE: CMP T-45 ETA Landing gear?

I posted this in the Nitroplanes support forum :

You people (CMP and Nitroplanes) really need to improve the packaging of the T-45 !!!

Mine was in fine shape, but just by a miracle.

The box needs to be stuffed full with bubble wrap and/or chinese newspapers, it's not enough to just tape one part to another (eg tape canopy to fuselage), both could get damaged !

You need to properly fill the box with newspapers, and separate parts so they don't rub on each other !

And ... do not send out kits before you have checked that the contents is not damaged.

It's such a nice kit and so much work has been put into it ... It's a real shame if it gets damaged in transit !

Please take note !!
Old 12-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Herb H

Mina has flown, more details here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya-FpxfVT1k

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1336098&pp=100

HWH

Old 12-28-2010, 11:05 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: Herb H

You people (CMP and Nitroplanes) really need to improve the packaging of the T-45 !!!

Mine was in fine shape, but just by a miracle.

The box needs to be stuffed full with bubble wrap and/or chinese newspapers, it's not enough to just tape one part to another (eg tape canopy to fuselage), both could get damaged !
I've purchased more than four dozen planes from NP and have had only three minor issues related to packaging.
Most of the inner boxes are shipped in much heavier outer shipping boxes which take most of the abuse.

Each part is individually wrapped and packed in foam padding and plastic outer wrap to prevent damage in case anything rubs...

That said, IMHO you are not wrong.

I just received the EP P28 ( are BARGAIN of a plane for $99.00!!! )... and found that the rudder mounting tab was broken ( fortunately cleanly ) at the rudder base.

This occured because the rudder was affixed to the top of one of the wings, packed UNDER another.

The wings were immobile, but the postion of the rudder caused it to break when the boxes were stacked in shipment.

While this was/is an almost trivial fix, it would have been nice if the packager had moved the rudder into a more protected area of the box.

-

FYI:

Experience tells me that I DO NOT want someone going through and "checking" the box contents, except maybe to just remove the cover and give it a superficial glance.

Having someone actually move off the taped up materials, typically results in a LOSS of small parts that may have come loose during shipment.

I prefer to find all of the necessary pieces in the box.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Herb H

ORIGINAL: opjose

... Each part is individually wrapped and packed in foam padding and plastic outer wrap to prevent damage in case anything rubs...

No, it is not. That was the point of my post.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bz78939.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	623.8 KB
ID:	1539047  
Old 12-28-2010, 11:35 AM
opjose

From what I can see in your photo, the major parts are individually wrapped in foam then plastic.

You have a loose control surface, but that is normally taped with the others to interior packing material within the box, to keep it from flopping around.

You've removed the upper wing cardboard sheet too.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
steph280
My Feedback: (5)

The issue with mine was the whole canopy hatch assembly came undone by the tiny crap tape they used, and then banged around inside the box which cracked the canopy itself, and dinged the intake tubes and chipped the fuselage. All it takes is one lose piece to break everything around it.

Consider yourself lucky if your plane arrived undamaged. If you ever do receive a plane with issues, good luck on getting any resolution.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 AM
opjose

A simple posting over at rcdiscuss.com tends to resolve such things quickly.

I've posted what to do in other recent threads.

Anyone with a problem should check that out...

But use:

- Persistance
- Restraint ( yelling never helps... )
- Patience

Old 06-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Love To build
My Feedback: (30)

I just ordered a set of retracts for the T-45 from Shulman Aviation. Here's the link http://shulmanaviation.com/product_i...oducts_id=1796
Old 06-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Love To build
My Feedback: (30)

A little finessing of the electric retract, but do-able
Old 01-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Parman72
My Feedback: (5)

Hey Herb,

I'm buiding the CMP T-45 from Nitro Planes.. Just wanted to find out what reinforcements you actually did in the retract area on the wing? Maybe I missed it on the forum? Can you re-post your images so that I can see what you have done??

Regards,

Greg