Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

P51d arf topflite engine issues

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

P51d arf topflite engine issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 03:33 PM
drl733

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P51d arf topflite engine issues

Was wondering if anyone can help me. I have a topflite p51d arf with a os 75 ax engine. I have had nothing but problems getting this thing to run. Ive been doing alot of research and the inverted engine location is i guess tricky. The engine keep hydro locking. When I do finally get it running engine keeps stalling out on me. I tried leaning out the low end, and put in a hotter plug. It made it better but am not confident in the engine. Ive only flew it twice since I finished building it and today it dead sticked on me and although i landed it, it landed hard and killed my retracts and the supports in the wing. Is it because of the tank location? I got fed up and ordered a os fs110a pumped engine. Will this engine because of the pump solve these issues? And is there any other pointers?
Old 07-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Default RE: P51d arf topflite engine issues

Turn the fusealage upside down, get engine tuned properly, use an OS 4 stroke plug type f, it should be good to go

Old 07-07-2012, 06:15 PM
drl733

Thank you for the info. I had someone else tell me that also and someone in my club said to use the "hot" plug. So I did that, and it ran better for one flight and then was back to the same thing. Is there a difference with the four stroke plug?
Old 07-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Yes, I run Type "F" in all of my larger 2-strokes, they will idle till empty. Also if it is hydro locking your tank may be to high in the fuse, it should be centered about even with the needle valve...it should run flawless when all of the pieces of the puzzle are there...

ORIGINAL: drl733

Thank you for the info. I had someone else tell me that also and someone in my club said to use the "hot" plug. So I did that, and it ran better for one flight and then was back to the same thing. Is there a difference with the four stroke plug?