Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Ultimate bi-plane 50cc

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Ultimate bi-plane 50cc

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 05:32 PM
empav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate bi-plane 50cc

I have purchased the Ultimate 50cc Bi-plane and I would like to know exactaly what engine I should purchase,if the DA50cc or the Brison 69.9cc.
Also Carbon Propeller size for the type of engine.
Can somebody give me any idea because on the review of Nitroplanes Al Morris says that the 69.9cc Brisson engine is the best set up but the plane is 50cc size.
Many thanks for helping me
Old 04-18-2009, 01:10 AM
opjose

Default RE: Ultimate bi-plane 50cc

It's a lightly built plane so a powerful 50CC like the DA will yank it along just fine and you will NOT want for power.

The 69cc should make it into a real 3D beast however.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:23 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a buddy that has one, and he used a heavy g62, and still needed some nose weight to balance...... not sure how much the 4.2 brison compares to the g62, just make sure you cg it
Old 01-27-2010, 01:35 PM
edwal07

I just purchased the Ultimate 50cc from NitroPlanes. I plan on using a DLA56 on the nose. I will be starting a new post and review of both the plane and the engine. I have requested that RCUniverse list both so that I may do the review. Just by looking at the plane in the box it looks great. Haven't had time to examine it closely but did check for any shipping damage, it is packed pretty well. As for power any 50cc engine will be ample, as it is really light, no more than 17lbs up front. I looked at Al Morris's video but it was not a build up review. I plan on doing a full build on the plane and disection and power readings on the DLA56. Look for my post and I will give a thorough and honest review as to how well it builds, performs and flies.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:52 PM
ol_seabee

I got one about a week ago.. I'm not ready to build but thought I should buy while they're available...\

Athough the Ultimate is alot of airplane for most people so maybe they won't sell out quick

I had the Goldberg Ultimate for 10 years with a os 1.20... liked it alot and learned to use the drag to my benefit.. i.e the ultimate controls best imo while in the acceleration stage of flight.. I kept the plane flying slow by always pulling the throttle back.. then pour it on again

I guess I'll get a DLE 55 when I'm ready and 6-hitec 7985 for ailerons and elevators... one 7955 on rudder

I've wanted a larger Ultimate for awhile now and glad it comes in this size...

Should be interesting

There's some pretty impressive videos on you tube if you search "Flymodel 50cc Ultimate"

Looks like it 3D's ok

Maybe post a link here to your reviw once you get going[8D]
Old 02-06-2010, 10:05 PM
ol_seabee

wheew played that one right

The Ultimate is sold out again
Old 02-08-2010, 08:59 AM
edwal07

I waited over a year for them to come back, just made it under the wire like you, they only had 2 left when I got mine.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:23 AM
johnreddog
My Feedback: (38)

I just got the last one, So i guess i'm pretty lucky cause its my first Gasser, I look foreward to every ones help when i start this project.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 PM
edwal07

I hope to start the build next week. I am doing a review on the DLA56 also. I will post updates as I go along. I am going to use the hardware included but make changes as necessary. I've had a couple China Models that you should just go ahead and throw away the hardware supplied, it is to soft, and upgrade to better quality. But I have not looked at the hardware except thru the bag. I would be glad to help you on any problems you run into. The instructions are a little vague and you experience in building to sometimes understand what really needs to be done. If you need help let me know. My email is [email protected] if you don't want to post, I will be glad to go either way.
Ed[8D]
Old 02-27-2010, 09:41 AM
georbeckha
My Feedback: (12)

I have had the Ultimate 50cc from Nitroplanes for over a year (Purchased on their Black Friday sale in 2008!!) and have only just started to build it.
I also got their Yak 54 50cc at the same time and that is still in a box to! LOL

Anyhow, I have been working on mine on and off now for a couple of weeks. Power is going to be an Aerovare 52cc Twin and XOAR 20x10 prop.

I have a few pictures of it so far on our club's site as well as our forum
[link=http://pictures.********aces.com/The_Flying_Aces_R_C_Club_Picture_Gallery/sf3_thumbs0.htm]Ultimate Pictures[/link]
[link=http://www.********aces.com/SMF2/index.php?topic=19.0]Club Forum Build Notes[/link]

I am impressed with the hardware pack they give with this plane. Even if they are 3 short on the ends for the pushrods (In my kit anyways) so it is just as well I have a few spare in my parts drawers.

I have noticed that the ply where the lower wing location dowls push thru is quite light and flimsy so I am pobably going to reinforce the insides with a little Carbon Fiber strand - Just in case. I may do the same with the area around the Elevator Servo's as well.
So far no major modifications have neen needed except for a larger hole was needed in the firewall to make room for the carb etc. That area may get the Carbon Fiber strand treetment as well as the toothpicks into the firewall for reinforcment.

George
Old 03-06-2010, 10:10 AM
johnreddog

Well i got started on the plane, I should of had it together but the plane was and is damaged and missing parts. Well its time to move past that part, I got a G-62 for power, it should be good, I'm going to use Futaba servos but i'm not sure what ones to get, And i need to get some Aileron limkages and i'm again not sure of what kind or size i need, And my Cockpit has two Big dents in it and i'm hoping some one out there can tell me how to get them out, if i can. So how is your project coming along? If any one can help you can post here or E-mail me at johnreddogexcite.com Thamk you for your time and have a geat y.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:09 PM
edwal07

I use my heat gun to warm up the canopy and gently massage it back into place. I have had a few damaged by the sun and fixed them that way, just don't warm it up tooo much or it will get way worse in just a fraction of a second.
I plan on starting mine tomorrow. I have just a little to do covering my Pitts and can get started on the Ultimate. Will generate posts and pictures as I go along. I haven't took the hardware out to check but will first thing.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:29 AM
johnreddog

Will anyone please tell me where i can get a Wrap around Pitts W/smoke fitting muffler for a G-62 ? Our close's Hobby shop is 165mi from here. 3-24-10 I found them, Thanks.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:58 PM
empav

Is there anyone tell me if the CG of the Ultimate 50cc Bi-Plane is 170mm as per instructions?

Thanks in advance
Empav
Old 10-22-2011, 06:59 AM
charlesp

how much led u guys put up frunt I am over 1lb thx
Old 11-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm putting one of these together and am at the CG stage. The instructions call for 105mm but doesn't say if that is at the wingtip or center of the upper wing. I mounted the tank aft over the lower wingtube near where the CG should be. Any Help appreciated

Pete
Old 11-08-2011, 12:14 PM
opjose

Upper wing center.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Rocketman612

ORIGINAL: opjose

Upper wing center.

Is the 105mm accurate. That seems a little forward and would require a good bit of noseweight.

Thanks,
Pete
Old 11-08-2011, 02:12 PM
opjose

If you get the C.G. slightly forward of the upper wing center rear support strut, the plane will do fine.

The instructions call for a value further forward of that which IMHO makes the plane too nose heavy.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Rocketman612

That's just where I thought it should be. Thanks for the reinforcing feedback.

Pete
Old 04-15-2012, 06:42 AM
charlesp

any one that has this plane I have one that i just replaced the tabs that hold the struts inbewteen the wings becouse 2 broke. When i went to remove the old tabs to my suprise there was no glue on them!!!!! I I would have gone up with the plane it may not have made it the whole flight!! I would check it out if u can
Old 04-22-2012, 05:53 AM
charlesp

Well yesterday was the day got to the flying site at about 12:30 and after talking to a new member in the club, I unloaded the truck and started putting my planes together. 1.20 size edge, 40 size GP ultimate (built last year) and the 50 cc Ultimate I flew the little 40 size first and I was a nervous wreck. After some other member flew their planes it was time. I was stressing pretty good by this point (This is my first big bird) I started flipping the 55cc DLE with the choke on and its not firing, i keep flipping. LOL forgot to turn on the switch for the plug. after some more filliping she came to life. ran it for a bit to make sure it wasn't loaded up at all. She taxied out on to the runway. I made a couple high speed passes without leaving the ground, testing control on the ailerons and roll out length. After a quick check of wind sock about 5or 6 mph. no more putting it off it was time to go. I eased the left stick forward, little rudder correction to the left. I eased the stick up about 3/4 up and she rotates!!! climbing about 20-30* with plenty of power. (DLE 55 is more then enough power). climbed up to about 200' , banked left and leveled off. I let go of the sticks. Straight and true she flew. I couldn't believe it, no trim!! wow made some laps, nothing too crazy. Made some speed changes to see were it would stall and it was time to bring it in. I slowed down on my down leg and started my descending turn onto finale. Had to give it a little extra throttle as i was not sure of the air speed and knew i wasn't going to be long. As she passed the threshold she was coming in and dropping slowly. A little of aileron correction and she settles in for a 3 point landing, and rolls out. what a nice flying plane

All the hard work relly payed off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fniw...e_gdata_player
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80836.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	1753511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83984.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1753512  
Old 04-23-2012, 01:43 PM
opjose

Beautiful!

Way to go!

Old 07-07-2012, 05:11 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When is the next shipment going to arrive?
Old 07-11-2012, 04:43 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: charlesp

any one that has this plane I have one that i just replaced the tabs that hold the struts inbewteen the wings becouse 2 broke. When i went to remove the old tabs to my suprise there was no glue on them!!!!! I I would have gone up with the plane it may not have made it the whole flight!! I would check it out if u can
You need to land soft with that airplane....they do not put enough glue to hold the thing together! When they do ....I may buy one....except they are never in stock .