Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Dynam Waco

Old 09-28-2012, 03:47 PM
ela1967

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynam Waco

Hey guys, I recently picked up a new Dynam Waco from you guys, and I am having a hard time with the CG. The manual says 72-75mm from the leading edge of the top wing, but when iput it anywhere near there, the plane is way too nose heavy in the air. When I look at the mac of each wing, and account for the offset, my measurement puts the cg back at around the 4-4 1/4 inch mark. Is that right? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:54 PM
opjose

Default RE: Dynam Waco

I don't have this particular plane, but I've flown other Wacos.

Your calculation is about right.

The C.G. should be just ahead of the rearmost top wing support/mount at wing center.... which corresponds with your figure.

Play it safe and start off trying with the C.G. around 3.5" then move it back after your flight.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:45 PM
RTCharlie

What battery are you using? If you use the stock battery or the recommended battery it should be fine, if not add some weights to the nose.

-Charlie
Old 10-02-2012, 02:24 AM
ela1967

I am using the stock battery. I didn't want to add weight to the tail to get it to come out right so I made a saddle out of foam and installed it at the rear of the tray. This allowed me to slide the battery back further. It flies okay now, I think a little more tinkering and practice with the plane and it will be fine.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:36 PM
ela1967

Just a little update....waco flies awesome. Balanced out at the new cg, very nice flying plane. Thanks again guys.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: RTCharlie

What battery are you using? If you use the stock battery or the recommended battery it should be fine, if not add some weights to the nose.

-Charlie
No, sorry Charlie, the manual and stock battery, c.g. is wrong.

He has the C.G. about right now as his test flight revealed.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 AM
RTCharlie

ORIGINAL: opjose

ORIGINAL: RTCharlie

-Charlie
No, sorry Charlie, the manual and stock battery, c.g. is wrong.

He has the C.G. about right now as his test flight revealed.

I'll let Dynam know and see if they can correct the manual for the new batches.

-Charlie

Old 10-03-2012, 08:14 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

I am presently flying my Dynam Waco without any problems..When flying it with SKY Lipo 2200 ma 4 cell...it is mounted just behind the front magnets...
Plane will spin like a top...when usingNANO-tech 26500 ma 4 cell...I have to move it further back to get it to spin..The plane flew just great on the first
flight and all others...when it is windy 10 mph I use the 26500 ma pack further forward....flies just great...a winner.

Codimasta AMA 11269
Old 10-04-2012, 04:24 PM
ela1967

Codimasta, when I got mine,  I balanced it out at 73mm just like the manual said. On the maiden, I had to trim full up elevator and still add some stick just to maintain level. Let off the stick and it just wanted to nose dive! Landing the thing was a real treat!! lol  Bent the gear up a bit, but that was the only damage. Lucky! So I got on the nitroplanes support site and talked to one of their techs....he had no answer, so he ran Antonio down and told him my issue. Antonio flew the plane in the sneek-peak video on the website.  Antonio said that the CG specs in the manual were in fact wrong. I did some homework on how to calculate cg and ended up with the figures that I am flying it with now. 4 1/8" back from the leading edge of the top wing. I used the simple calculations for a non-swept, staggered wing bi-plane. Flies very nice now, and landings are really smooth.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:59 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Gee! Guys...I don't understand what happened but I rechecked my CG...it balances 75mm as per the manual...Could it be in the installation of the wing
struts...? It just flies great under all conditions...flies like it is on rails...! No problems landing it either...I just don't know....

Codimasta
AMA 11269