Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Prop Shaft

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Prop Shaft

I broke the prop shaft on my Dynam J-3 Piper Cub,(which is an excellent flyer, bythe way),and found that replacements were out of stock. Rather than wait forever for you to re-stock, I ordered an entire new motor. I still would like to have a shaftso I cankeep the original motor as a spare. Is there any other motor shaft that will fit, perhaps with a simple shortening ? Seems to me that something like thatwould be fairly common among small brushless motors. Perhaps something from another manufacturer could be used, as long as the diameter and threaded section is correct. Any ideas ?

I find your shipping times on available items to be quite good, butshipping costs are unusually high on small items.Perhaps because things that could be sent in a simple padded envelope are shipped in a larger than necessary box. You might want to look into that !!

>>>> TheNewKid

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Prop Shaft

Check the prop shaft specs with a Micrometer if they were not provided with the plane.

Usually replacements are somewhat easy to find from many different sources.

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: opjose

Check the prop shaft specs with a Micrometer if they were not provided with the plane.

Usually replacements are somewhat easy to find from many different sources.

.........and those "many different sources" would be ???

I'm fairly new to the hobby, sosuggestions would be helpful !! Do these "sources" actuallyprovidedimensions, or just "this shaft willfit XYZ Brand, model ABC motors"?

>>>> Thanx, TheNewKid

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm checking with the warehouse manager to see when he's expecting a shipment from Dynam. We're trying to get another shipping courier so we can get more competitive rates, and add a option on the website for small orders that can go out padded envelopes.  

-Charlie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RTCharlie

I'm checking with the warehouse manager to see when he's expecting a shipment from Dynam. We're trying to get another shippingcourier so we can get more competitive rates, and add a option on the website for small orders that can go out padded envelopes.

-Charlie

Thanks for your prompt reply. Much appreciated !!!

>>>>> TheNewKid

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TheNewKid

Do these ''sources'' actually*provide*dimensions, or just ''this shaft will*fit XYZ Brand, *model ABC motors''*?***

************************* ************************* ************************* ************* >>>> Thanx, TheNewKid
    ************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* *******************
    Just dimensions.

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TheNewKid

Do these ''sources'' actuallyprovidedimensions, or just ''this shaft willfit XYZ Brand, model ABC motors''?

>>>> Thanx, TheNewKid
    Just dimensions.

So....... are the "sources" a secret, or will ya share the info ??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PM sent.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PM sent.
    Thanks much for your PM. I'm out of town right now staying at a hotel with really crappy slow internet service. Probably won't check back with the forum until i get back home.....