Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

new 1430rtf corsair wiith 2.4 radio

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

new 1430rtf corsair wiith 2.4 radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 01:48 PM
jetdeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 1430rtf corsair wiith 2.4 radio

hi john, first, nitroplanes rocks. have several planes from you. just received my new f4u corsair 1430mm 2.4 radio RTF. on the TX is a 2 pin jumper, what is it for? i'm guessing it is a bind plug?. but do I need to use it if it's the RTF version? shouldn't it be already bound? if not please explain how to do it, you know the directions don't tell you anything, please tell me how. also what control throws for ELEV. RUD. AIELRONS. FLAPS. is the CG stated right 95mm? watch your videos all the time, and on video of this plane tony said to add 5oz of lead to nose, is that right, when I balance it should I balance with wheels down? also is ok to fly with all the rockets and bombs on? thanks john hope to hear your response, not gonna fly it till everything is right,
Old 04-20-2013, 02:21 PM
opjose

Default RE: new 1430rtf corsair wiith 2.4 radio

I think you mean that there is a two pin jumper on the RX ( receiver ).

No the planes are not normally bound and even if they are they can loose their bind.

I don't know which TX/RX you have as there are several but here are generic instructions...

You bind it much like any 2.4gHz setup. Put the bind plug in, turn on the plane ( make sure the prop is OFF of it. )

Turn on the TX holding while holding down the bind button ( sometimes the training button is used for that ).

Hold the bind button for a moment after the TX powers up, then let go.

After a couple of seconds the plane should start responding to inputs. If it does, remove the bind plug BEFORE you power off the plane.

Then turn off the plane and TX.

-

Throws are left up to your discretion. I'd suggest starting out with about 15-20 degrees on low rates and 20-28 degrees on high, which is safe for most planes.

It is normally NOT advisable to leave on the removable rockets and bombs while flying the plane. You may loose them and they add drag.

Tony's recommendation is that, a recommendation.... I would use it... you could also add a bigger pack too increasing flight time for the added weight.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:45 PM
jetdeck

thanks for the response, the TX I got with the plane is all silver 6 chnl 2.4fhss, on top right side is a rotary knob-chnl6, on top left side is a toggle switch chnl5, and it has a built in antenna, no trainer switch, no bind switch, it does have power on and next to it bind led, with single light in middle, on bottom of TX got normal switches for controls, plus one for vtail, and elevon, and next to it a switch for mix,and a-norm. the RX is all black and there is no button or switch on it, there is a open port that says ID-SET, does this give you any idea on how to bind it? this is the 1450 RTF corsair grey version paid 339.00. hope this more info I gave you will help in my solution, thank you sir!!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:58 AM
opjose

Try this...

Turn off the TX and the plane...

Bring the TX throttle all the way down.

Turn on the TX, wait 1 second, then as quickly as possible turn on the plane ( hook the batteries to it ).

Within 3-4 seconds, toggle the upper left (CHL5) switch ONCE and then set it back again to how it was when you turned on the TX.

Wait an additional second or two and the RX should be bound...

If not try the same proceedure again.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:26 PM
jetdeck

opjose, thanks I did it and all functions work, ? is it normal for the reciver green lite, and landing gear and door sequencer module green lite to stay lit? also I fly all my other planes on futaba 72 fm , was thinking about using my futaba TX and RX, any suggestions, it is a 6 chnl, with dual rates on elev and ailerons, never heard or used a TX with a built in antenna like on this one that came with the plane, don't know how reliable it is?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM
opjose

2.4gHz has ranges very close to 72mhz, so don't fret the small antenna. Even with the plane a dot in the sky, you'll only be out to half the distance of the TX/RX.

I do a "shake test" on this type of TX/RX...

Turn on the TX and plane, then tap on the RX with a pencil just to check how it will handle vibration and being jostled.

Likewise tap the side of the TX on a table and observe the plane...

If you notice any reaction other than to the motion of the sticks due to the impact, then I would consider the pair "suspect"...

But if not, you'll probably have no problems.

Remember that 2.4 is far more noise immune that 72mHz...

And oh yes the lights are normal.