Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Nitroplanes CMP 50cc Ultimate Biplane Build

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Nitroplanes CMP 50cc Ultimate Biplane Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 10:39 AM
jlwebber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitroplanes CMP 50cc Ultimate Biplane Build

Hello, I'm new here and need some help please. I have a Nitroplanes CMP 50cc Ultimate Biplane kit to build and find the instructions are very incomplete for my experience level. My issue at this point is that there are parts in my kit that are not addressed in the build instructions namely what I believe to be the [wood] wing joiner wedge [which is mentioned by this name only and to use it] and (4) balsa wood cubes approx. 3/4" square which I can't find reference to at all in the build instructions. If anyone has correct info on the placement and installation of these parts and is willing to help me by sharing their knowledge and experience regarding the build of this kit please reply to this thread and/or pm me or email me at [email protected].

thanks,
john
Old 09-10-2016, 01:51 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It would help if you post pictures of the parts in question. Then maybe we can help you. Some of these China kit are lacking in instructions.

Rich
Old 09-12-2016, 08:18 AM
jlwebber

Hi Rich. Thanks for you reply. I figured out the wing joiner wedge, where it goes and how to install it. But the (4) balsa wood cubes approx. 3/4" square I can't find reference to at all in the build instructions. I added in my photo gallery a picture of the kit parts which shows the wing wedge which is next to the cabane parts, but the (4) balsa wood cubes are not shown. Maybe they are in the bag next to the vertical stab that contains the engine mount hatch cover which is barely visible, and I haven't a camera to take a photo of them, but they are as I said above. Any ideas as to what they are and where they go in the build?

thx, john
Old 09-12-2016, 02:43 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

John, the balsa cubes may be used to mount the cowl or a hatch cover. With out seeing the parts it is difficult to determine what they are and where they may go in the construction. I recommend you contact a club member or a local hobby shop, show them the parts. Also, you should look in the forums for constructions threads on this site and maybe RC Scale Builder.com. These construction threads are a great place to ideas, most post pictures of their build.

Good Luck
Rich
Old 09-12-2016, 04:38 PM
jlwebber

Rich, I'll look into it.

thx,
john
Old 09-12-2016, 08:22 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

You sure they are Balsa?
Old 09-13-2016, 07:11 AM
jlwebber

I thought they were balsa but now that you ask they may be hard wood as they seem to be the same kind of wood that the wing joiner wedge is, so now I believe they are hard wood. Got any ideas as what they are Tom?

thx,
john

Last edited by jlwebber; 09-13-2016 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:11 AM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Yeah, I think they are blocks for mounting your cowl. Glue them to the front of the firewall at the edge, then you can mount your cowl securely. I'm presently assembling a Great Planes Giant Super Sporster and it comes with similar blocks just for that purpose.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:18 AM
jlwebber

Thx for the input Tom.

john