Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

pitts s2a rtf

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 08:44 AM
bigdreama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pitts s2a rtf

Can any one tell me what the e-pitts rtf is made of?

Can you up grade the motor, or is this just a one shot get what you pay for type of deal?
Old 11-23-2006, 04:05 PM
nitrostaff1

Default RE: pitts s2a rtf

all of our rtf planes are made out of foams...and the pitts is all-foam...and yes, this plane can be upgraded to go brushless (which everyone else is doing these days)

Old 11-25-2006, 08:58 AM
bigdreama

Great!

I do have a few more questions.....then it's off to the flying field. My brother and I are going to buy a couple of them. Do we have to worry about being on the same channel, and what is the frequency?

Yes we would also like to upgrade to a brush less motors/prop.......do you have any suggestions.

Thank you for your last reply and we look forward to our purchases with you.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:50 PM
nitrostaff1

just write a note during checkout that you wanted different channels for the 2 planes you're gonna order...[8D]
Old 12-05-2006, 06:04 AM
fonzegator

Hi guys.. i have a Pitts S2A with a 71" wingspan top and btm... the wing area is 100dm2 and i would like to know if a Saito 300 would be enough to do wild acrobatics and stuff.... thx
Old 12-15-2006, 12:20 AM
yamahaexpress

I would like to know what upgrade components fit in this plane? Do you stock them? Plane is very sluggish stock. I emailed your support and they said you guys have never upgraded it and have no idea. I see another company selling the same plane brushless with lipos ready to fly for $199. I wish i bought it from them... Plane flies decent just no real aerobatic power or decent duration. I would have to suggest to others to go for the brushless version. A sluggish 8 min flight then wait 3 hours to charge? Not reasonable. I just have no real electric experience and have no idea what motor or lipo and charger to buy.....
Old 12-18-2006, 03:58 PM
bkrfrmhell
My Feedback: (4)

Hello????? nitrostaff???? Any responce on the brushless version?
Old 12-18-2006, 04:39 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: yamahaexpress

I just have no real electric experience and have no idea what motor or lipo and charger to buy.....
Where did you see the other plane (please post link...). It sounds like something far more expensive than the NP versions.

There is nothing unusual with what N.P. is selling. It's a lower cost plane, so it doesn't come with a brushless motor and battery.

Brushless motors usually require higher energy from the batteries, so LiPo's are usually used.

In turn this means more expense.

Unless you purchase a VERY expensive LiPo Safe Fast charger 1-2+ hour charges are the norm. That is why "spare" battery packs were created...

You could probably retrofit a brushless combo to the NP, plane... but if you are even considering this, you REALLY should forgo the RTF kits and instead purchase a small ARF. You'll spend far less in the process, especially if you already have your own TX.

NP has some good combinations of ESC, Motors and LiPo's available at excellent prices.

I've written my experience up with the Ultimate BiPe they sell. Everything but the prop was purchased from N.P.

WHICH combination you use is up to you. The prop used determines what the draw will be from the motor. The motor draw determines which ESC to use and what types of batteries are required. The PROP/Motor is determined by the AUW of the plane when it is ready to fly.

There are PLENTY of on-line calculators to help you out... but it basically boils down to what you are trying to accomplish. Are you putting together a plane for 3D with large control surfaces? A scale plane? An aerobatic plane?

Old 12-19-2006, 12:46 AM
bkrfrmhell
My Feedback: (4)

the $199 BRUSHLESS VERSION IS HERE, even looks like it includes a flight sim. NP needs to get these instead. http://www.funrchobby.com/ss/index.php?productID=269