Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Nitro Models- OV-10E Bronco

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Nitro Models- OV-10E Bronco

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:38 AM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Models- OV-10E Bronco

[8D]Just completed the model...few things need to be mentioned: There is a Right & Left nacelle..and Rudders...no mention in the instructions. The electric motor mount..no instructions on the assembly. Landing gear support block (the one that the landing gear plugs into), one nacelle had the block, the other did not.
The model flew very well with the 400 series electric motor, if you keep it light..did not use the rudders, they are fixed..used just one elevator servo (HS-81)..it does the job. Using a single Lipo 2200 mah @ 20C, did keep it light..
The major flaw...no instructions on the AILERON, ELEVATOR, RUDDER deflections...outside of this the model went together very well..

Codimasta
AMA 11269
Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Beaver Lover

Default RE: Nitro Models- OV-10E Bronco

How do you tell the difference betwen right and left nacelle and rudder?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:38 PM
gator8287

you keep both elevtor control rods were they exit the fusalage on the inside faceing each other.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:01 PM
gator8287

Ive been flying mine for awhile and its awsome. You need to check all glue joints especially on the landing gear blocks. I have been using evo 3300mah 3 cell packs and can get 15 min flight times and still only put 1200 mah back in the pack when charging. I have one pack per nacell it sits up a little but has not caused any problem so far and I have at least 30 some odd flights. im using Himax 3516-1130 motors with castle creations 35 esc. I also cut the center wire on the escs and use a regular reciever battery to power the radio. this system works exceptionally well for me. The extra wieght has been no problem flys rock steady slows down well and tracks like its on rails. Power to spare and nothing even gets warm. Got to be my favorite for know Im currently setting up the 81 ARF using the same wieght to power ratio as the Nitro one. I hope it flies as well as the little one.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:53 PM
philbel

I am starting to build the Nitro Bronco I had in a box for 6 months... I am using these elements:
- 2 x Turnigy 35-36 1100kv
- 2 9x6 apc props
- 2 x Hextronix 36 amps esc w/BEC
- 3s 4200mah Thunder Power
It will be a little heavy but the motors can give up to 350 watts each @ about 30 amps...
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the insights on the nacelles.
Phil
Old 02-29-2008, 06:58 PM
jmohn

Phil,

I had the exact same setup in my Bronco and it flew awsome! The only issue I had were the blocks for the mains broke out on one rough landing, but otherwise the plane was great. Your power setup is perfect and will give you great performance. I used some scale looking 3-blande props too.

Jeff
Old 02-29-2008, 08:51 PM
philbel

Jeff,

Thanks, that is reasuring! what size were your props?

Phil