Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

cracked fuel tank

Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

cracked fuel tank

Old 03-15-2007, 12:25 AM
SteveHouston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cracked fuel tank

I ordered and built an Evo Trainer and flew it a couple times. Had some problems with it and was trying to get it trimmed out when I noticed that the fuel tank was leaking. Found out the seam along the neck of the tank was cracked and leaking. I don't know if it was like this when I installed it or it happened later. I would like to buy a new fuel tank for this plane as I have not been able to find one by another manufacturer that's the same long and narrow shape.

Over the past several months I have called a few times and not had an answer, left a few messages that were never returned, got the standard cut 'n paste responses to my emails I've seen in a few other posts

Dear Customer,

We will have someone to call back to you on this issue in 1 to 2 business days.

Regards,

and then 2 emails later

Dear Customer,

If you are having an issue with your item, please call tech support at 626-968-9860 or 626-261-4960 from 12-6 pm pacific time.

Regards,

last year I managed to actually get a response to some emails and they just kept hammering that they needed my order number. I have no idea what my order number was, and since I know what model plane I have and want to buy a part for it, I don't see what it matters.

Anyway, I have been trying on and off for a year to get a new fuel tank and haven't even been able to get a legitimate response. Now that I've found this forum I"ll give it a shot as well. If there is anyone that knows how I can get them to allow me to buy a tank please let me know. Even better, if anyone knows where I can buy a tank from another manufacturer that's this strange size I would much prefer that that trying to deal with Nitroplanes.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-15-2007, 01:09 PM
opjose

Default RE: cracked fuel tank

Steve there are plenty of suitable tanks available.

Check out some of the Sullivan tanks, particularly the flex tanks that will conform to any opening.

I regularly replace the tanks on my NP ARF's with larger Sullivan Tanks.

Hint: Tower has them.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:33 PM
SteveHouston

Steve there are plenty of suitable tanks available.
Check out some of the Sullivan tanks, particularly the flex tanks that will conform to any opening.
I regularly replace the tanks on my NP ARF's with larger Sullivan Tanks.
Hint: Tower has them.

Ok, I guess I'll have to try another shop. The one I went to had Du-bro tanks and they didn't have anything that long and narrow. If I can at least get close I can shove one of the flex tanks in there I guess.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-17-2007, 04:11 PM
SteveHouston

let me have your order number so I can see which trainer you have and send replacement tank to you

Thanks
John
Nitro Planes

And, once again, the focus on the order number rather than on what plane I have or what part I need. I sent them back the info on the plane, even the link to the plane on their site, now we'll see what happens. Hopefully...

Steve
Old 03-17-2007, 04:18 PM
opjose

But did you send the order number?

Old 03-18-2007, 02:25 PM
SteveHouston

ORIGINAL: opjose

But did you send the order number?

Nope. Like I've said in every message I've posted here, I have no idea what it is. The plane is probably 2 years old and I didn't happen to write the order number down and put it in my safe deposit box. Since you obviously work for the company maybe you can answer this: if I sent you the name/model of the plane, the link to it on your site, the picture of it, and asked to BUY another one, why do you need the order number? What if I saw someone else who had one, thought it was a great tank, and wanted to buy one? Would you sell it to me even though I didn't have an order number?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-19-2007, 11:46 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: SteveHouston

Nope. Like I've said in every message I've posted here, I have no idea what it is. The plane is probably 2 years old and I didn't happen to write the order number down and put it in my safe deposit box. Since you obviously work for the company maybe you can answer this: if I sent you the name/model of the plane, the link to it on your site, the picture of it, and asked to BUY another one, why do you need the order number? What if I saw someone else who had one, thought it was a great tank, and wanted to buy one? Would you sell it to me even though I didn't have an order number?

Thanks,
Steve
I do not work for nor have any affliation with Nitroplanes. I'm just another "customer" who feels very well treated by them.

They always reference the order numbers when they are attempting to treat things as a replacement for a problem.

It sounds like they want the order number for two reasons:

1 - To try to fix something which may have been wrong with your original shipment
2 - To be sure that they are able to send you the right thing

The items pictured on the web site undergo revision. I've gotten and asked for parts based upon the web page, only to find that they would not fit due to revision (I knew I was taking this chance when I ordered the item and I was able to adapt...).

The order number is the easiest way to refer back to what you are talking about.

On a 2 year old plane your best bet will be to remove the existing tank and measure it.

Then use the measurements to find a suitable Dubro, Sullivan, etc. replacement tank. This will be far more expedient.