Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

nitro models 90" p38 throws

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

nitro models 90" p38 throws

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:59 PM
steeldaddyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro models 90" p38 throws

does anyone out there know what the throws are for the nitro models 90" p38 are? the assemble booklet is deplorable.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:35 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: nitro models 90" p38 throws

You are certainly right about the book. Other than the CG, (and it is pretty standard) I will not be referring to it much. I plan on using maximum rudder, and about 1" on low rates on the ailerons and elevator with 50% expo, and 1 3/8" to 1 1/2" or so on high rates on both with the same 75%expo, and go from there. That will cover the maximums, I think. I was going nitro, but have decided to do an electric conversion now. It will also have retracts and a three piece wing so it can stay on the gear and the center will all be solid with access hatches. I'm pretty pumped about it.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

ram, let me know how you make out. Other then myself and Mike Pope, you have the only other electrified version out there. Mike beat me to the punch by getting his airbourne first.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89922.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	667239  
Old 04-19-2007, 03:02 AM
Rube Goldberg

For what it's worth, I've been flying the small version of the P-38 with maybe 1/4" throws on both the elevator and ailerons. The elevator is very sensitive, so you'd definitely want to use some exponential.
I've thought about owning the large P-38, but just transporting the thing would be a problem. Would like to see your mods to the wing that would leave the center section intact securing the booms, as I've made a small "tool" that spans the booms of the little one for the rare occasion that I do have to remove the wing.

Rube
(P-38 Jr.)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45551.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	667836  
Old 04-19-2007, 06:40 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Rube,
That's how mine is set up, 1x2" slat across the rear part of the saddle, wing bolts hold it in place. Makes an nice carrying handle. I took all the servo leads that come out of the wing and made ummm I guess you would call them gang blocks. All are connected together in the proper order, just heat shrinked em together once I got em all in the correct order.
Ran short extensions off the rx's to the top of the booms, and did the same with the connectors on it. Also made quick disconnects for the air lines for the main retracts.
Main wing keeps the center gondola attatched. Pretty simple to set it up for flight.
Turn on the tx, plug in the packs in each boom, plug one connector for electronics together on each boom, and one air line. Slip the dowels on the front of the wing into the boom holes, un bolt the cross brace in the back, and bolt the wing down. I made my super charger covers a quick disconnect also. Instead of velcro or screws, or magnets, I went with something like hood pins. Installed 4 pins on each boom, covers have matching holes in them and go over the pins. 4 tiny hairpin style retainers lock the covers on. Pop the four retainers and remove the cover. I did install a small RE mag inside the covers to hold the hair pin clips so they don't walk off when I have them unhooked.