Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Yak 52 3D - Landing Gear "Nitro"Staff Help

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Yak 52 3D - Landing Gear "Nitro"Staff Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 05:36 PM
DPRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yak 52 3D - Landing Gear "Nitro"Staff Help

Nitro Staff,
Flew my Yak 52 3D for the first time today. I have to say it flew very nice with very little tirm needed. Just a little aileron correction. After flying for about 8 minutes, I brought the plane in to land, very smooth. As I touched ground, the landing grear broke off. The landing approach was not to "hot" by any means. When I went to pick up the plane from the field to examine the damage, (the landing gear and where it mounts,) appears as if little or no glue was used what so ever. Pretty disappointed to say the least. I feel as if this was the cause for the structual damage. Thank you in advance for support in this situation.

Daniel
Old 04-02-2007, 12:39 AM
edberg

Default RE: Yak 52 3D - Landing Gear "Nitro"Staff Help

I was thinking of getting this plane, is the structure bad or does it just need to be reglued in that area? I suppose I could just add some epoxy around the landing gear area.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:50 PM
DPRC

The plane flew really nice for a maiden flight. I was really impressed. My only deal is that there was no glue where the landing gear mounts. I'm sure it was just an oversite at the factory. I have not seen a prettier plane in this size. I am sure Nitro will make it right.

dp
Old 04-02-2007, 02:48 PM
nitrostaff1

ok PM me your order number and I'll send you a new landing gear.

Thanks
John
Nitro Planes
Old 04-02-2007, 03:29 PM
DPRC

John,

Sent PM, Unfortunatly the landing gear is fine, it's the fusalage.

dp
Old 04-02-2007, 03:40 PM
edberg

Reading through these threads, you guys have got to be the best customer support I have ever seen.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM
RC_DESI
My Feedback: (44)

I had the same issue with my Yak,

The Landing gear block just came off on decent landing. On inspection noticed that it did not have any glue. Looked like was supported by the slot/groove in the mounting plate plate.

I managed to fix it & used 30min epoxy to glue it right ;-)

--Arvind
Old 09-25-2007, 11:50 PM
maxcontinuos

I had one of these YAKs as well and sure enough, on landing, the gear folded. Came right out of the fuse. The aluminum gear was also really soft. You could literally bend it into any shape you want. I hate ARFs that require a complete change of hardware and structural reinforcing before you can even fly. In the end, I changed out all the hardware, reinforced the landing gear box and adjacent longerons, replaced the landing gear legs, chucked the wheel pants and used proper axles. After all that, the stab failed.

Here is a suggestion, keep the crap hardware, we usually throw it away anyway, and concentrate more on at least building an airworthy structure.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:35 PM
opjose

The landing gear blocks seem to need a serious going over, no matter who the manufacturer is.

H9, Great Planes, etc. all suffer from exactly the same problems with the gear mounts, and need for re-inforcement...

I find I almost prefer the softer landing gear though... as long as the gear can be bent back ( I guess this excludes many aluminum gear ) safely.

I would MUCH rather have the gear splay out on me due to a hard landing, than to have to reconstruct the gear mounting area.

It's easy to merely bend things back right at the field as opposed to having to perform major surgery.

The Ultimate 1.20's gear have been called "soft and weak" by some, yet I find them well suited to the plane... since I can readily bend them back.

That is as long as you re-inforce the gear mounting areas...

I replaced my Funtana S90's metal gear with CF ones... and that proved to be a mistake... the next hard landing the underside of the fuselage ripped out ( it was heavily re-inforced by me too ) but the gear stayed nicely in-tact... I would have rather replaced the gear again...

While I often do replace key hardware components a lot of the provided stuff is useful and usable. In the same price ranges rarely to the "big boys" provide any better... Yeah some of needs to be better, but again this is endemic to the industry it seems, in the attempt to keep the prices down on the lower cost planes.

I don't pretend to excuse this, but merely point out that these faults are non-exclusive to any one vendor.

As Max said, I would prefer a sturdier airframe and no hardware, for the same prices...

I guess the problem is that as a whole this is not what we collectively expect to purchase. We as consumers take for granted that horns and fittings will be included.