Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Discount promos for nitro-models

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Discount promos for nitro-models

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:29 AM
rccrashers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount promos for nitro-models

Hey guys,

Do you know of any promos going on now with Nitro models. I just got paid and I am looking to get the Zlin Z-50. But I do not have that much money. The shipping is a bit high and it is trowing me off on the numbers. A promo for free shipping will help me a lot.

Thank you
Old 04-04-2007, 02:27 PM
rccrashers

Default RE: Discount promos for nitro-models

Nevermind I found another plane that I really like at AK-Models and their Shipping is a lot less that Nitro.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
nitrostaff1

we just had a 15% off last week and check with this forum as we'll post future deals.

Thanks
John
Nitro Planes
Old 04-04-2007, 02:40 PM
wildchild45177
My Feedback: (11)

I agree Nitro Planes has some nice planes at good prices. But, their shipping? It's a rip-off.

Bob
Old 04-04-2007, 02:54 PM
rccrashers

Hey Jhon can you give me the 15% off. I will order from you if you do.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:30 PM
nitrostaff1

ORIGINAL: wildchild45177

I agree Nitro Planes has some nice planes at good prices. But, their shipping? It's a rip-off.

Bob
Hi Bob, the shipping is not a rip-off. Actually on most of our 90-120 size planes, we lose money on shipping. Both UPS and Fedex have oversize charge for ground shipping and it's ridiculously high since oil price is going up like crazy everyday! $3.50/gallon in CA [:@] Also, the oversize box cost like $4-5 alone already where they have to be custom made. Our shipping rate for 40 size airplane is based on a 25lb scale provided by UPS and 90-120 size is on a 30lb scale (however some of the planes like hellcat,p38,seaplane get billed for 60lb occassionally)...
Old 04-04-2007, 04:33 PM
wildchild45177

All I know is I can order a 40 sized plane from Tower and it's only $8.99 shipping vs around $25 from Nito Planes. Right now there are three planes I would love to buy from Nitro Planes, but $78 shipping? I don't think so.

Bob
Old 04-04-2007, 05:39 PM
nitrostaff1

All I know is I can order a 40 sized plane from Tower and it's only $8.99 shipping vs around $25 from Nito Planes. Right now there are three planes I would love to buy from Nitro Planes, but $78 shipping? I don't think so.

Bob
Hi, can you give me your zipcode and the planes you're interested in...I'll do a quick check to see if there's anything that we need to adjust...Thanks
Old 04-05-2007, 06:59 AM
wildchild45177

Yak 54 3D 50 - 56" Nitro Gas Radio Remote Controlled Aircraft Almost-Ready-to-Fly ARF

CMP Blue Extra 330L 50 - 56" Nitro Gas Radio Remote Control Aerobatic RC Aircraft ARF

Edge Fury 540T 40 - 52" Acrobatic Nitro Gas Radio Remote Controlled RC Plane

Bob
Old 04-05-2007, 07:51 AM
rccrashers

Somehow I got ignored. I am the one that started the post and I got no answer. LOL What About me? Can I play? I am interested in the Zlin Z-50. If you can give me a good deal I will get one tomorrow.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:03 PM
nitrostaff1

Sorry we do not have coupons for now as we just had one. Can you wait till our next coupn promo?

Thanks
John
Nitro Planes
Old 04-06-2007, 07:36 PM
nitrostaff1

Yak 54 3D 50 - 56" Nitro Gas Radio Remote Controlled Aircraft Almost-Ready-to-Fly ARF

CMP Blue Extra 330L 50 - 56" Nitro Gas Radio Remote Control Aerobatic RC Aircraft ARF

Edge Fury 540T 40 - 52" Acrobatic Nitro Gas Radio Remote Controlled RC Plane

Bob
Hi Bob, I did a extensive test on the shipping charge and did a comparison to the bills we get from UPS weekly...what i found is that the shipping is pretty much accurate to what we charge online. As far as I know, every type of business has their own way of marketing. We sell planes at an affordable price and the shipping charge for every plane is simply based on the measurements provided by UPS. If you were to live close to our company, we even allow customers to do pickup with NO pickup fee and sometimes tax free

As for Towerhobbies, every plane they carry has a very high markup value already so for $8.99, they can afford to lose money on shipping but overall, they make alot of $ ...

But to do u a favor, I've PM'ed you an deal so look for it

Thanks
Old 04-06-2007, 08:19 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

This kind of customer service is nice to read. Tower has baboons handling customer service and they don't even know which end of the plane to put an engine on. Tower also ships you small 1 lb items for $8.99 in many instances. Tower planes lose the Monokote on the first flight too if they don't already show up looking wrinkled like a prune. (my daughter made me remove "like a 150 year old granny" saying that's just mean...so prune it is. )

Then again, NOTHING beats the quality, price, shipping, and value of a World Models Sky Raider Mach ll. Nitro Planes should buy one and build one so they can get it right! $10.99 shipping, $69.99 plane, builds in 4 hours and the hardware is all top notch. Those Nitro Planes can be a 7 hour project dealing with the hard to reach areas and pushrods that snap instead of bend. I won't get another. AK models I've built are Trainer 65, Trainer 60, P-51, Streamline 46, Quest 50, and Fong. The trainer 65 and Fong went up in price about $30 each right after 2007, and those were the easy build, easy fly planes that just became more expensive then World Models. I've heard the shipping rates aren't really competitive with nitromodels in the past and never dealt with them directly, but I can see duplicate models on AK models. Also AK gave me shipping problems in the past on a few of those planes I ordered. World Models, same day replies, discounts when you ask nice, and everyone there knows their product. I love the scratch and dent section because so far, I've never found a scratch or a dent from that site. Tower sends you toothpicks and calls it moderate damage.... I'm done.