Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Well I had a 330L until today.

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Well I had a 330L until today.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 11:52 AM
oddpaint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I had a 330L until today.

Well I had a 330L until today. Yes I crashed it. The hardware was POS and the instructions are just inadequate. I worked with this model for about a month trying to get the weight and CG right. I could not get any tech support from CMP or the company I got the 330L from. I guess you get what you pay for.

On take off the right wing clipped the runway and at this point the wing tube bent. Then the plane snapped and ripped the left wing off. It did not even hit that hard but the model was trashed.

I can not recommend to any one to buy a CMP model.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:02 PM
bkrfrmhell
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Well I had a 330L until today.

Let me get this straight....you are blaming the manufacturer for stalling the airframe on takeoff?....to POS? hardware and inadequate instructions? A month to get the weight and cg right? Anyone else see something seriously wrong with this senario? [X(] []
Old 04-22-2007, 10:55 PM
opjose

Where did you purchase it from?

It doesn't sound like this was from Nitroplanes, from the tone of the post?

---

BTW: I crashed one of my NP planes yesterday on it's second flight on it's first day out, when I snapped it on takeoff.

This did far more damage than what you've described.

Shame on - ME - for not checking it out more...

There are tons of C.G. and power calculators on the web.

The stock hardware with my NP ( and CMP arfs sold by NP ) may not be top of the line Dubro stuff, but given a chance it works fine.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:11 PM
craig schneider
My Feedback: (2)

guys,cg is easy on that type of plane,1/3 back at fuse of wing.ben doing this for 20 years,aaallllways works.throw the instructions away and use what worked for the Wright bros.
aftre that u can ex.at small inc.s
Old 09-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is just rediculous.

Yes Mr. Ford dealler. I pressed down on the gas on my new Shelby GT-500 and the car spun around and smashed into a building. It's totaled. This car sucks! I will never recomend anyone buy one of those.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:22 PM
craig schneider

maby u should have got somthing w/ less power like a chevrolet,or at least learn to drive
Old 09-30-2008, 06:07 AM
kid chuckles

Yeah cause everyone that responded above knows exactly what happened. None of the cheap hardware broke or anything like that. I also feel you have been building planes since 1902 so you know how and don't need any instructions at all. There is no way to maybe put something where it does not go or have something out of line because of no tech or info from NITRO. Heck you just went out and crashed on pourpose and want to blame someone. Not like there are maybe hundreds of posts in the archives such as this claiming the poor inst. and tech help did absoulutly nothing to help out someone buying there products.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:31 PM
craig schneider

All im saying is go back to the basicks and do what u know . im not sying anyone is stupid.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:59 PM
bjor

ORIGINAL: oddpaint

Well I had a 330L until today. Yes I crashed it. The hardware was POS and the instructions are just inadequate. I worked with this model for about a month trying to get the weight and CG right. I could not get any tech support from CMP or the company I got the 330L from. I guess you get what you pay for.

On take off the right wing clipped the runway and at this point the wing tube bent. Then the plane snapped and ripped the left wing off. It did not even hit that hard but the model was trashed.

I can not recommend to any one to buy a CMP model.
I have the same plane. Granted the instructions were VERY poor and maybe some of the hardware was inadequate, but hey, you do get what you pay for. For the record, my Nitromodels 330L balanced exactly where the inadequate instruction said it would. To be sure, I did use a CG calculator and the results were with mm's of eack other - VERY impressed. The plane flys straight and true and has very little to no tendancy to stall and no bad habbits. It certainly would NOT suit a new builder, so having a few ARF's up your sleave would help. Mate, I have crashed a dozed planes for various reasons and 99% my fault. Stand-up, don't blame the manufacturer for something that was totally avoidable.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:50 AM
Crashtruk

Hear hear. Well said Bjor.