Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

High shipping charges Why :(

Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

High shipping charges Why :(

Old 02-24-2008, 07:49 AM
bahamadude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High shipping charges Why :(

Nitroplanes why the shipping charges are so high !!

$30.00 just to send a plane through UPS ground. Thats un herd of !!

You guys are a rip off !!

Be honest and give people the true grund shipping like everyone else does !
Old 02-24-2008, 09:13 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: High shipping charges Why :(

Dude , if you said $49 , $60 or even the e-bay scams of $69 I would agree , but my company ships over $2,000,000 in UPS a year and $30 for the size of a typical plane is very normal , there average is probably $24 bucks to $35 for a plane , so you right in the middle . Take there plane to a UPS store when you get it , they will take the typical UPS charge plus there UPS-retail mark up and you will see it will cost you $75 to $100 to ship the same plane , try it !!!
Old 02-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Mr67Stang

I recently boxed up a plane to ship to an indevidual from North Carolina to Florida. The shipping quote was $175 by the least expensive carrier (FedEx). I only wish I could ship a plane for $30[:@]
Old 02-24-2008, 12:01 PM
bahamadude

So tell me why the other companies out theres shipping is lowers ??

Are you guys missing something ??
Old 02-24-2008, 06:51 PM
LDM

give me a real example ?
Old 02-24-2008, 06:52 PM
nitrostaff1

Nitroplanes.com's shipping charge is not setup to rip anyone off. It is close to the amount of how much our company is billed by UPS. The high charge is not because of the weight but the fact that most of the airplanes are oversized. A 5LB oversized package could cost 3x more than a 50LB box of gold. To make matters worst, UPS is constantly increasing their fuel charge to keep up with the rising demand for gas.

A possible solution for you to save on shipping is by having a local hobby shop to purchase our airplanes for you. Probably you can save $10+ that way.

As for why other vendors are charging less on shipping it is probably because their markups are much higher. Finally, if you can find a place in the US with the same product cheaper than Nitroplanes.com after shipping, we will be glad to offer you an additional 10% Off of your original purchase price (this included shipping)
Old 02-25-2008, 11:07 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

For the individual, Greyhound is the best bet.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:08 PM
opjose

I've looked at Greyhound.

For very large boxes it's not bad but there are some hassles involved.

For smaller stuff e.g. a .40 sized plane, there is not much of a difference.

All shipping services are announcing "updates" to their shipping charges, thanks to the high price of fuels. Ugh.

bahamadude: I believe you were involved in a similiar thread some time ago.

At that point it was well established that the shipping charges were right in line with everyone else.

If it's $30.00 to you in Nassau, you are getting a deal and a half in shipping! I suspect that the charge you are talking about is to the East coast of the U.S. which is still fairly good.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:30 PM
LDM

OP , agree 100% when i viewed his address I figured there would be additional upcharges but $30 is a sweet deal , I may ship my stuff to nitro when I want to ship the bahamas lol
Old 02-29-2008, 06:52 AM
hellyeh

When i went to checkout my order of two planes , the shipping quoted was $480.00 !! I have tried numerous times to contact Nitro by phone and email , but got no response regarding the true shipping charges . THAT'S FRUSTRATING !!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:50 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: hellyeh

When i went to checkout my order of two planes , the shipping quoted was $480.00 !! I have tried numerous times to contact Nitro by phone and email , but got no response regarding the true shipping charges . THAT'S FRUSTRATING !!
They must be dropping the planes in to you via a DHC Beaver pontoon aircraft! That is the rental charge for the plane!

PM John here ( nitrostaff1 ) and ask him the chargers. I suspect there is a problem with the calculations and it should be $48.00 to you.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:55 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mr67Stang

I recently boxed up a plane to ship to an indevidual from North Carolina to Florida. The shipping quote was $175 by the least expensive carrier (FedEx). I only wish I could ship a plane for $30[:@]
Fed Ex is not the cheapest I have found.

I use DHL and for a private individual, ship planes for anywhere from $28 to $40 all the time, and these are built in larger boxes than a kit. I shipped a plane from Ohio to Ms for $18. It was a built F-14 in a box that stood about 4 feet high.

I did ship a kit just a few weeks ago from Ohio to California. An Extra 300 RTA in the 60 size range. $33 !!!!

Another example. I bought a plane off eBay and the shipping was going to be $90. Before I bid on it, I asked if I could arrange my own shipping. They agreed, I won, and called DHL for the pick up. Final cost, $42 and it was a big plane!!!

It would be a very nice gesture if Nitro would agree to this as well.

Our planes don't weigh much so size is as important as weight. Sometimes it is cheaper for me to ship in two smaller boxes than one large one, but still usually less than $50. Whats more, they will set you up on a monthly billing, that can be automatic, with the very first shipment.

Just throwing another option out there.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:54 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

I just checked shipping on a clipped wing cub and the pitts 40. $21 for the cub and $26 for the pitts. That's not too bad. I shipped a G62 from Illinois to Ohio and it cost a little over $15 including insurance though the post office.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:15 PM
nitrostaff1

DHL is loosing ground in USA and yes their shipping rates are very cheap but we've use them before and they can't provide the same service as UPS.
They didn't take care of packages.

John
NItro Planes
Old 03-01-2008, 12:08 AM
ram3500-RCU

ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

DHL is loosing ground in USA and yes their shipping rates are very cheap but we've use them before and they can't provide the same service as UPS.
They didn't take care of packages.

John
NItro Planes
Perhaps volume is an issue for you, but I have not had issues with their service. UPS is globally known for rough handling. Salvage companies must love them. I have gotten packages that looked like they were dragged behind the truck instead of in it. If I were to buy from you, I would want it shipped DHL.

Loosing ground? I call for a pick up and they are there usually within less than an hour (they have shown up in less than ten minutes more than once). Their tracking system works well, and you already acknowledged they are cheaper (as long as you specify GROUND shipment). If they can't handle it all, why not use them to their limit and save some of us some money at least? UPS needs the competition to straighten them out.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:42 PM
LDM

Prices based on volume in industry standards
1)UPS ground best
2)Fed x ground
3)DHL- is best known for international servace and tracking
Like I said in the beginning of this post , please please take the test
1)Take your package to a UPS , recover from heart failure then remember how good the Nitro prices were
2)Take your package to work , if your work has a UPS corp account , you will pay virtually the same as Nitro is chargeing
Old 03-02-2008, 12:44 AM
ram3500-RCU

ORIGINAL: LDM

Prices based on volume in industry standards
1)UPS ground best
2)Fed x ground
3)DHL- is best known for international servace and tracking
Like I said in the beginning of this post , please please take the test
1)Take your package to a UPS , recover from heart failure then remember how good the Nitro prices were
2)Take your package to work , if your work has a UPS corp account , you will pay virtually the same as Nitro is chargeing
Then call DHL.